• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Back on after 25 years...

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
After 25 years of being off of the band, I got my IMAX 2000 and put it up 30 ft with a new piece of Belden 9913Flex. Hooked it up to my Ranger 696FD-1 and got a 1.1 match. Nice!!!

When I started to look for a station to talk to, surprise - surprise.
A couple of guys that I used to talk to YEARS ago were out there! We ratched jawed for hours on end, catching up with people telling many stories and relating memories. Stayed up untill 2:40 AM jabbering - nice. Some had passed on, and some just weren't using the radio anymore. Not surprising. They helped me tune my radio in as far as modulation goes, and I established many new and consistant radio folk to QSO with. A couple of them are Hams as I am, so it's all been good and I am thankful about it all.

Now I am waiting for the GAP Titan DX that is coming from Illinois. I bought it from a guy on qrz for $200 shipping included. So, when I get that, I can finally hook the IC-718 and deal with radio control operators checking my call sign. Nice.

I just found a 2m antenna -locally- new in the box for $25, so I can now put the Yaesu FT-8800R up - too. Things are starting to come together. A lot to be thankful for...

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.