• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bad Weather Stopped My A99 Install

Stellasarat

Sep 17, 2013
Thanks to all who left advice. I've ordered another 5' mast. Now the A99 will bealmost 10' off the

groud. I also purchased a 3
point guywire
clamp, 100' of
guywire and 12
guywire clamps.
The weather is
supposed to be
nice on Sunday. I
will post pictures
of the install (if I
can figure out how too). I want to thank
everyone who

gave me advice. I read all of them more than once. I've a really good feeling that at a minimum of 10' it's gonna work just fine. I'm anticipating the install and first qsl. Again thanks to all who replyed. It amazed me to see how people installed antennas in a way that should have not worked but not only worked, worked well. I've learned that something is better than nothing and to go for it and see what happens. Necessity is the mother of all invention.

Reactions: BammBamm

Thanks Gary. Ill wait for the next noreaster. Great advice! Good looking out. Ill make sure there's plenty or rain, wind and especially lightning. That will certainly make this the best 10' high A99 ever to radiate an 11 meter signal. MMaybe as an extra ill get stuck by a lightning bolt. Oh yea! That would be a shocking exspeariance. Uncle fester was always my hero.

Reactions: BJ radionut
Thanks Gary. Ill wait for the next noreaster. Great advice! Good looking out. Ill make sure there's plenty or rain, wind and especially lightning. That will certainly make this the best 10' high A99 ever to radiate an 11 meter signal. MMaybe as an extra ill get stuck by a lightning bolt. Oh yea! That would be a shocking exspeariance. Uncle fester was always my hero.

You'll be 11 meters' answer to Ben Franklin!

I'm Glad you can get a little extra height , My A-99 has been through quite few Nor' Easter's an some hurricane's an has always stood up well I just have never been happy with the receive I was going to purchase a ground plane kit but from the information I've read I just didn't think it was worth the extra money .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.