• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Balcony B-100 & Bleeding LOL

Charlie Brown

certifiable
Dec 18, 2010
Tennessee
www.pedalsteelman.com
Ok so we moved into this apt while our house is being remodeled and I bought this Workman B-100 balcony antenna. Spent about the last week tweaking it. Got the match to BELIEVE IT OR NOT 1.1 I have noticed a lil RF. When I key 30 watts swinging 100 thru it, the smoke detector beeps and sometimes it throws a 15 amp breaker that powers the kitchen plugs and light. Mind you the cb is not even plugged into that circuit. SO I get up this am and heard Florida so I broke him and he came back. About 5 min later the office called and said my next door occupant, not gonna say neighbor because none of them living next door has lifted a finger, middle or other wise to even speak much less welcome their terrible new co-inhabitants, ANYWAYYYY the office said that the people next door called and complained saying that ever since I moved in and put up this 2' pole on my balcony that I keep tripping their breaker? SO whether they know its my antenna or not I am convicted sentenced and doomed lol knowing all the its me anyway hardee har harrr. My question. How in the heck am I tripping breakers the unit is not plugged into and HOW IN THE HECK and i tripping neighbors breaker when we are not even on same circuit?

STrrrrrrrange :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    406 KB · Views: 25

Ok so we moved into this apt while our house is being remodeled and I bought this Workman B-100 balcony antenna. Spent about the last week tweaking it. Got the match to BELIEVE IT OR NOT 1.1 I have noticed a lil RF. When I key 30 watts swinging 100 thru it, the smoke detector beeps and sometimes it throws a 15 amp breaker that powers the kitchen plugs and light. Mind you the cb is not even plugged into that circuit. SO I get up this am and heard Florida so I broke him and he came back. About 5 min later the office called and said my next door occupant, not gonna say neighbor because none of them living next door has lifted a finger, middle or other wise to even speak much less welcome their terrible new co-inhabitants, ANYWAYYYY the office said that the people next door called and complained saying that ever since I moved in and put up this 2' pole on my balcony that I keep tripping their breaker? SO whether they know its my antenna or not I am convicted sentenced and doomed lol knowing all the its me anyway hardee har harrr. My question. How in the heck am I tripping breakers the unit is not plugged into and HOW IN THE HECK and i tripping neighbors breaker when we are not even on same circuit?

STrrrrrrrange :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Ahhhh . . . Welcome to the world of RF . . .

One hundred watts into that little bleedstick with ??? radio that has what kind of modulation mods?

The answer(s) are in that question . . .

Ahhhh . . . Welcome to the world of RF . . .

One hundred watts into that little bleedstick with ??? radio that has what kind of modulation mods?

The answer(s) are in that question . . .

See first reply about the crappy breakers. that answered my question.. those links are the real answer. I printed that out and carried it to the office told them to give that to their engineer and get some updated breakers:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.