• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Band Swich

116sd019

Feb 19, 2008
Built new 2X 2sc2879 linear amplifier but we have problem its work only 28 mhz. correctly how to make Band swich filter ? i want be work all band and wnat output swr low.
look top cover
wm1.jpg

This is not my area of expertise. However, I can tell you that you have two different problems: 1. how to broadband the amplifier so it will work between 1.6-30mhz and 2. How to add band switchable output filtering.

The second question is easier for me than the first. Basically, you need to make a series of band pass filters for each band that you switch between using the amp's bandwitch.

For the first question, I don't know how to answer that. I know I had the answer somewhere, but I can't find it.

Here you go:

Communications Concepts has pre-wound broad band transformers that you can purchase. They're cheap enough that it's worth just purchasing them to save you the time to figure it out yourself:

HF Transformers

They also have pre-built filter kits for each band...all you have to do is mount them and figure out a way to switch them inline:

Filters

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.