• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Baofeng GT-3

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Hi All,

I have a Baofeng GT-3 and noticed that when in dual watch mode with the A frequencies set as the active channel, and with TDR-AB (transmit priority) set to A as well, if there is reception on the B frequency and you PTT, you will transmit on the B frequency anyway.

Is there a way to fix this other than to:

1) not use dual watch
2) get a different radio

Is there some other setting that might affect this?

What happens is that if you monitor an active repeater in dual watch mode, that you will effectively not be able to transmit on your priority frequency, or you will otherwise get caught just as a B frequency is received and you did not intend to TX on a B frequency.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Well, It seems the TDR-AB menu (the one that supposedly lets you set tx priority) is mapped to the same A/B button on the keypad, so changing your A/B setting there also changes the priority (and currently selected frequency bank). With the issue I described above, this makes this setting useless as far as I can tell. The priority is supposed to have an Off setting as well, which mine does not present. I think it's a firmware bug.

I also discovered that there is a BCL setting that prevents the radio from keying on an active channel, so that will alleviate my original concern.

One other thing I'm seeing is that once I set up a repeater in VFO mode with power set to low and - offset, I save it to CH1 memory. When I switch to CH1 memory, I have High power and both +- offset is showing.

I did program the channel twice, the second time with Reverse enabled, and the correct settings. In VFO mode, I just see the - offset.

After several attempts to program, I also noticed that the high power, TRD, and BCL settings would change without me changing them. This seems to happen after deleting a memory channel. When in channel mode with my repeater channel active, and looking at the menu settings, I see the offset is 00.000000, but operation actually has a - offset, so perhaps the menu settings don't apply in channel mode?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.