• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BaoFengs: amazing, or a sham?

After listening to Unlicensed Jackasses on 2 meters for over 20 years locally Deer Hunting.I would be thrilled if all of them were Busted Fined,& Jailed for Violating Federal Law.I have Zero respect for them just like they have Zero respect for the law.

SIX-SHOOTER
I lived in or around several large cities since the very beginning of 2 meter FM’s popularity, AM before then. In my experience, unlicensed operation rarely occurred. That’s not to say there are plenty of unidentified individuals that seem to enjoy "ker-chunking" repeaters frequently. Most of those that are eventually caught are found to be licensed. My point is, there are many different scenarios where licensed operators are operating unlawfully. Those are the ones that irritate me, not the rare occurrence of a hunter or a CB operator that believes he bought or was given a legit radio for his purpose. The truth is, most Ham’s I know wait with enjoyment and anticipation whenever that type of operator starts broadcasting out in the open. Those stations are usually traced shortly after a coordinated fox hunt. Who doesn’t like a fox hunt? It’s surprising how many innocent scenarios occur like the kids playing with dad’s radio while he’s absent, or the stuck mic key. I try not to prejudge until the source is clearly identified.

Reactions: WECSOG
JAILED for bothering you, when you chose to listen to them :D :D :D

They have used our local repeaters and National Simplex frequency’s which I have a Federally issued License to use and they don’t so I absolutely am listening to the Morons and should I discover who they are it would not be good news for them.I will assure they don’t make that mistake ever again.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: red97k1500
I lived in or around several large cities since the very beginning of 2 meter FM’s popularity, AM before then. In my experience, unlicensed operation rarely occurred. That’s not to say there are plenty of unidentified individuals that seem to enjoy "ker-chunking" repeaters frequently. Most of those that are eventually caught are found to be licensed. My point is, there are many different scenarios where licensed operators are operating unlawfully. Those are the ones that irritate me, not the rare occurrence of a hunter or a CB operator that believes he bought or was given a legit radio for his purpose. The truth is, most Ham’s I know wait with enjoyment and anticipation whenever that type of operator starts broadcasting out in the open. Those stations are usually traced shortly after a coordinated fox hunt. Who doesn’t like a fox hunt? It’s surprising how many innocent scenarios occur like the kids playing with dad’s radio while he’s absent, or the stuck mic key. I try not to prejudge until the source is clearly identified.

Most every group has been warned for years and there are more of them every year so it’s obvious they know better but could care less.I heard that several in one group or club had issues with broken antennas and coaxes going bad all within a week or so.It was terrible for them but they spent some more money at the local CB Shop that rips them off for the gear so I heard he was very happy they had the issues.I heard a couple of them may have lost the finals in their hunting radios but they helped the CB Shop again. LOL It’s amazing that so many had so many issues in such a short amount of time but it happens.

SIX-SHOOTER

...should I discover who they are it would not be good news for them.I will assure they don’t make that mistake ever again.

I am laughing because you seem to think they should go to jail....are we going to lock them up right next to everyone that drives over 55mph?

It seems far more likely that sabotaging someone's equipment would lead to jail time than a deer hunter using a 2 meter radio.

I am laughing because you seem to think they should go to jail....are we going to lock them up right next to everyone that drives over 55mph?

It seems far more likely that sabotaging someone's equipment would lead to jail time than a deer hunter using a 2 meter radio.

I did not know anyone was sabotaging anyone’s equipment where did you read that or did you assume that.I did hear that they had some terrible problems with stuff tearing up and breaking but stuff like that happens.Anyone should expect wear and tear on equipment when you’re out riding those rough roads in the woods hunting.Also yes I think that jail time would do them a lot of good because jail time can help make them some really neat new friends who obviously they need and they wouldn’t need a radio to talk to them.I don’t consider violating federal law as being a joke.Stupidity and complete disregard for the law deserves some time away to reconsider such actions.I was a State Law Enforcement Officer for 30 years so I do believe in correcting bad behavior.Some people just need a reality check so they understand that they are not above the law.I think having their misused toys taken away would be very fair as well.If they want to use those frequencies then they have the right to get a license as well and nobody would have any issues with them.I know they may not be smart enough to pass the tests but young children do it every week so it is not brain surgery.

SIX-SHOOTER

I did not know anyone was sabotaging anyone’s equipment where did you read that or did you assume that.I did hear that they had some terrible problems with stuff tearing up and breaking but stuff like that happens.

I think your innuendos are adequately clear. To state they’re “thinly veiled” and antagonistic would be to do you great favor.

“I did not know anyone was sabotaging anyone’s equipment”

That’s actually not something I said; that you “know”. Revealing response, nonetheless.

Your comment about making “neat” new friends in jail gives great insight to the minds of Florida’s state correctional officers...doesn’t it? You worked in the jail system as “law enforcement officer”, correct? Or were you a police officer?

I don’t blame you for being upset at unlicensed operation on the 2m band. You’re not wrong for that.

However, I also think that as someone who proffers themself as a gospel singer and retired LEO that you would be well served to get your own temper under control and to leave the not-so-slight threats out of the topic.

Just an opinion...you’re ok with that, right? Or should I expect antenna problems tomorrow?

I'll go ahead and back out of the thread now....I simply don't need a highly pissed off 30 year law enforcement veteran having a severely misplaced vendetta against me.

Last edited:
They have used our local repeaters and National Simplex frequency’s which I have a Federally issued License to use and they don’t so I absolutely am listening to the Morons and should I discover who they are it would not be good news for them.I will assure they don’t make that mistake ever again.

SIX-SHOOTER
I don't know if you are aware of it, but the FCC doesn't normally pursue reports of this kind of activity. Especially when the report is from someone who is just a citizen; not a member of government nor law enforcement.

Reactions: 2NC995
I don't know if you are aware of it, but the FCC doesn't normally pursue reports of this kind of activity. Especially when the report is from someone who is just a citizen; not a member of government nor law enforcement.

I’m thinking you’re going to be in the same boat as me come tomorrow...shorted coax, a busted antenna, and two flat tires.

I’m leaving a note behind just in case!

I think if I were acquainted enough with folks that were causing me radio issues to the point that I knew when and what problems they had with their equipment and where they took their equipment to get repaired, I would suggest a legal and less interfering alternative to them. But that's just me.

David

I think if I were acquainted enough with folks that were causing me radio issues to the point that I knew when and what problems they had with their equipment and where they took their equipment to get repaired, I would suggest a legal and less interfering alternative to them. But that's just me.

David

Therein lies the problem with boasting about retaliation on the internet...you don’t know if the guy on the other end also has a badge on his mantle ;)

Reactions: WECSOG
I think your innuendos are adequately clear. To state they’re “thinly veiled” and antagonistic would be to do you great favor.

“I did not know anyone was sabotaging anyone’s equipment”

That’s actually not something I said; that you “know”. Revealing response, nonetheless.

Your comment about making “neat” new friends in jail gives great insight to the minds of Florida’s state correctional officers...doesn’t it? You worked in the jail system as “law enforcement officer”, correct? Or were you a police officer?

I don’t blame you for being upset at unlicensed operation on the 2m band. You’re not wrong for that.

However, I also think that as someone who proffers themself as a gospel singer and retired LEO that you would be well served to get your own temper under control and to leave the not-so-slight threats out of the topic.

Just an opinion...you’re ok with that, right? Or should I expect antenna problems tomorrow?

I'll go ahead and back out of the thread now....I simply don't need a highly pissed off 30 year law enforcement veteran having a severely misplaced vendetta against me.

I know that HIS word says we are to oh bide by the laws of the land.I like everyone else will be judged by him not by man and if I’m judge my man it accounts for zero in the end.I am firm on my feelings and beliefs and don’t feel badly about any of them.No matter what they are someone will always disagree with them and I’m not here trying to please everyone since when it’s all said and done I will only answer to one.Thanks for your concern on my behalf.

SIX-SHOOTER

Ok. Thank goodness the Bible doesn’t say anything about hypocrisy.

I am at peace with me are you at peace with you? Don’t forget where the majority of those fingers are pointing when you’re pointing one at me. I don’t hide my thoughts or my opinions from anyone and I have never bitten my tongue because I was afraid to speak my mind and I will continue to do that until the day that I take my last breath.I assure you that I never had even one boss who wondered what I thought and most respected that but some who thought only their opinion was important were not accepting of that. It resulted in those not asking for my opinion and I enjoyed watching them fail when I knew all along that they had no clue how to do my job because they had never done it for a single day but they knew how it should work even when it was impossible.I had far more laughs at their expense than they would ever have dreamed because they thought they knew it all.I have a great life and retirement is beyond AWESOME & I have no stress from anything or anyone.I hope everyone will have it as wonderful as I do but many never will because they let others run their lives.Life is Good!

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.