• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base amp install

Feb 4, 2015
ok ive got the Amp,radio and watt meter.Can someone give the exact way to run the coax so i dont burn up the radio and mismatch.been about 10 years since last amp and forgot, so just being safe..

Radio-------jumper------------amp-------jumper --------wattmeter-------coax run to antenna------antenna.

Reactions: 314
Your amp should say radio on one port and ant on the other port. For using a watt meter. You will need 2 coax jumpers, and the main antenna coax. Then in the order psycho has posted, radio to amp radio input port, amp ant port to radio watt meter port. Antenna port on watt meter to antenna coax to antenna.

Reactions: 314
ok real fast.....the antenna coax runs into my meter, the other meter coax that went to my radio now goes to the amp, and the radio goes to (radio on the amp).....tried it and preamp works on it and swr did go down just a tad, before i key up just make sure this looks ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.