• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

base antenna trouble

I worked for a company who sold solar powered traffic control devices.

One of my biggest complaints for the manuafacturer is that we saw faulty equipment that had been in the field for a few years. All they saw was a brand new device that worked perfect.

Over time, design flaws showed themselves and upgrades were made on newer models to address those problems.

Later, I went to work for that manufacturer and more upgrades were implemented.

As it is written, "We reserve the right to change specifications."

The environment changes when you move from the test site to the customer's site.

It's difficult for me to eat soup with my fingers. Sorry...
- 'Doc

W5LZ said:
The environment changes when you move from the test site to the customer's site.

It's difficult for me to eat soup with my fingers. Sorry...
- 'Doc

Yep you are right ,thats why i tell them to fine tune before they put it up but most of the time there right on the money..73sss No need to be sorry up here in oregon we all have webbed fingers and toes from all the rain, makes soup no problem.. :LOL:

As with all products theres always room for improvment..73ss chief and Doc....Dan

www.mrcoily.com

mrcoily said:
Why use a fork when you can just eat with your hands.

The enviroment does not change,i use the same test pole for each antenna sits in the same spot,gives me the same info everytime,Pretuning i actually spend alot of time doing this so the customer does not have to i do use a very short feed line to tune with.Upgrades,always room for improvment in my case better tubing.S meters reading..there a touchy subject,,Ok when i first started buiding these i did alot of test,not some wana-be feid data test, i do long range test over a mountain range from my shop to my base @18 miles when i started laying down s-unit increases over 1.5 s units on my base i Knew then i had it figured out,after that its all numbers ,stay within the created formula and start building.Everything else is either cosmetic of upgrades in my case better tubing and if i see a way of doing something better then i tweak here and there...73sss dan
Hey Dan My 1st generation Coily .64 Wave Base Enforcer is still up an working great. Thanks for sending me the double walled whip back in December. I have not gotten around to install it yet... but I will before winter comes around. I also did not have to tune my Coily out the box. It was right on the money after I assembled it to the premarked measurements on the antenna. About after 3 months of use I had to relocated the antenna so I retuned to get the SWR to no higher than 1.1:1 across the band.

73ssss

XF 40012HD

Transistors 4 x 2SC2879

Power Output (RMS)400 Watts
Power Output (PEP)800 Watts
Driven Power (RMS)600 Watts
Driven Power (PEP)1200 Watts

first thing you need to do is ignore the pie in the sky power figures. see the first 3 numbers in the model#? 4 0 0

limit output to 400W PEP and it just MIGHT meet Mil. Spec. for IMD3 @-24db. still, it's no cure for brute-force front-end overload in consumer electronics equipment, but it's a start. if you're seeing the power output levels cited by the builder then your problem is an excessively driven amplifier and quite possibly common mode currents coupled (literally) with consumer electronic devices that have been deprived of adequate front-end filtering manufactured since the gas embargo of 1973 - 1974. thank you EIA and FCC.

coiling the coax right befor going into the antenna stopped tvi for me..i think it was 6 turns around a liter pop bottle with 213 coax then pull the bottle out and tape coils together..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.