• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

base cb mod

dont expect much out of it after doing the tune up.

these radios just dont perform very well, and when you turn up the modulation, it gets pretty distorted sounding.

LC

Turn up VR201 for modulation increase; or cut Diode D203 to have it all of the way up.
Tune cans L304, L305, & L306 for max output power using a meter.
That is all can find on it; nothing about changing the bias resistors for more power...

That is all I could find on the internet for that radio.

May I ask if you have a GROL and what class?

HSA,
Good news and bad news.
A GROL isn't required to work on anything except passenger/freight carrying vessels/vehicles with electronic navigation/communications equipment (satellite stuff). Been that way for some time now.

A GROL doesn't have any 'classes' at all. It does use endorsements to authorize operating or working on certain types of equipment. The 'class' thingy is just a different way of looking at it, it amounts to the same thing basically.
A GROL isn't -that- hard to get. Certainly not easy if you're starting into it 'cold', but not really anything exceptional as far as 'radio' licenses go. Once you get to the endorsement for that satellite navigation stuff, it's a different ball game altogether! (No, I don't hold that one, way too lazy, and I'll never have any need for it.) If you like challenges though, give it a shot. It'll certainly keep you off the streets for a day or two. :)
- 'Doc

I think I do understand your reason for asking the question, and in general, I agree with you.

HSA,
The 'class' thingy is just a different way of looking at it, it amounts to the same thing basically. I think I do understand your reason for asking the question, and in general, I agree with you.

Ok.

:LOL:

LMAO!!!

asking a moderator if he has a GROL because he gave out tune up info. LOL!!!

thanks W6HSA, i needed a good laugh today.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.