• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bassmaster out of south Florida

Atlasta

May 7, 2011
Has anyone ever heard this station? I've heard it before but it's been a while. On Wednesday I was playing around with a Pearce-Simpson Bengal that has recently come into my possession and tuning around the dial I landed on channel 11.

Those of you that have heard him know of what I speak. Those that have not- well, there just aren't enough adjectives to properly describe the eargasam that is this station. Saying the audio is broadcast quality doesn't do it justice. This is singularly THE VERY BEST audio I have ever heard on ANY band, anywhere in over 40 years of being a radio hobbyist. Yes, it's even better than Prime's .

From the professionally-produced jingles to the soundtrack running in the background to the perfect audio level and tone, all expertly mixed- it's just something that has to be heard to be described.

I rarely rave about another stations signal and audio particularly when it's coming from the bowl (6) or the baby bowl (11) but hearing him again was just amazing.

Imagine my surprise when I keyed that Bengal up (barefoot!) and he came right back to me with many thanks.

I've talked to him a few times. He has a very good sounding station. He was running wide band on CB when it was still a mystery to most people.

Where in South Florida is he supposed to be? I'm in South Florida and I have never heard him.

He didn't say exactly where in S. Florida. Would love to see the station sometime though!

Last time I talked to him I believe he said he was running a 2995 with pro tools

When i first heard him 2-3 yrs ago he was fun to listen to....but last few times he was coming into the lakes....he was getting into agitating and arguing with other operators....name calling....it was like a different person with the same voice......have not heard him in a while....Ive talked to him.....and your right...he was doing wide band phat audio way before MMM showed up in DX land.

When i first heard him 2-3 yrs ago he was fun to listen to....but last few times he was coming into the lakes....he was getting into agitating and arguing with other operators....name calling....it was like a different person with the same voice......have not heard him in a while....Ive talked to him.....and your right...he was doing wide band phat audio way before MMM showed up in DX land.

MMM sounds like he has his head in a Toilet.I hope my audio Never sounds anything like his.Reverb is Not ever needed in transmitted audio.It was designed for the studio & recording settings & not over the air audio & I think that's a great place for it to stay.I have never spoken with MMM on any band but I understand that his Amateur Radio Station does not have the reverb as it should not on any band.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

• Sad
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated