• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BB-1 ECHO BOARD ie BANDIT ECHO BOARD WORLDS SMALLEST

He said anyone who helps "export the illegals" gets a free export radio for use on 10 meters with a complimentary & honorary call sign issued without a test or fee.

Henry I also have a BB-1 Bandit echo board, have you reverse engineered this board design yet and created a schematic lol?

LOL.....I am sure all of us have done this at least once! LOL

Why would one care though if it is the worlds smallest echo board?

Why would one care though if it is the worlds smallest echo board?
Radios are getting smaller; try adding a big echo board and any other accessory
("noise toy") under the lid of a mobile radio, while keeping the internal speaker.

This can be an exercise in frustration for certain chassis, leading some people to
value an efficient PCB layout or "small footprint".

Not that I care about noise toys or need echos, but yeah
try adding an older echo board to a Uniden 78 LTW with the WX receiver + speaker.. LoL

Last edited:
Reactions: 543_Dallas
I have not installed one of these in a few years but all to hook up is a red wire to 12 volts, a black wire to board ground. the one in to echo wire and the ground to the coax and the out coax to the audio wire. what you do for the coax is pull the audio wire at the mic jack, put the in wire of the echo to the plug you just pulled the audio wire from. then hook the echo out wire to the wire you pulled from the plug. then hook the 2 shield wires on the echo to the shield at the mic plug.
see if this video will help you. it is not a bb2 but they all hook up the same

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...3F9CBDCFEEAC2A655C3E3F9CBDCFEEAC&&FORM=VRDGAR

Last edited:
here is a link to one on ebay that you can read how to hook it up. basically the same as what you are wanting to install.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CB-Radio-E...052258?hash=item2850214fe2:g:IIkAAOSws0JabNv4
Sonoma the bb2 has a loose yellow wire next to the power wired for the board as well as a loose red wire on the potentiometer for echo control maybe it's used to break power to the board not sure but it's not the same as the l2n you posted I had some of those to they are easy to hook up

Why should anybody be concerned about answering an old post? As can be seen in this case, other people, regardless of the original senders status are gleaning new information. Kudos for those that pass along useful information or comments.

How hard is it to hook up an echo board get real guys. If you can not figure that out it is time to put the soldering iron down and take up metal detecting in the park! If it has 4 wires 2 of them are going to be + and ground. That leaves 2 wires one for audio in and one for audio out. If they have no sanded off the IC part number that makes it foolproof just look up the IC data sheet and see which pin is input and which is output!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated