• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

been a long time

KI4MSJ

Jun 4, 2006
Staunton, Virginia
I think the last post I made stated that I was getting ready for deployment to Iraq, that was in 10/2008. Well I returned in 09/2009 but also brought with me PTSD, Severe Depression, Anxiety and Agoraphobia which is the fear of going outside or being around alot of people. I spent a total of 10 weeks in the Phsyciatric Ward at the VA Hospital last year alone and a total of 16 weeks the year before. I have tried to commit suicide, rampaged the neighborhood, patrolling with a loaded pistol and almost ruined my marriage but, thanks to a barriage of Phsycologist, Phsyciatrist, Doctors and a whole lot of medication, I am about 65% of my old self but will never be 100%.

While in Iraq, I was hurt which caused me to loose my job upon returning home which put me in a more depressed state. I am waiting for the military to med-board me out but, who knows when that will be. Because I have lost my job and my unemployment has run out, I had to sell all of my radio equipment CB/HAM. I did however leave a VHF radio in my vehicle because I have Amatuer Radio plates and the law states you have to have a radio in working condition in your vehicle at all times to retain your plates.

I spent the better part of the first year and a half sheltered in my house when I wasn't in a Phsycotic state from over medicating but, that's to a friend, I was introduced to an organization called Project Healing Waters which takes soldiers with PTSD and other more severe medical conditions and introduces them to fly fishing which allows me to focus on something other than my financial and maritial problems. I am now up and about and fishing three times a week. I would love to get back into radio but because I am trying to live on just my disability check, I can't afford any equipment so, I guess I will stop by andvisit once in a while. So that's it for now. I'd love to hear back from you guys and hope that some of you old timers remember me.

Scott

http://www.cbradiotalk.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1267

THANK YOU FOR SERVING!

I am a Viet Nam Era Vet and I sincerely can relate with you. I served with USNMCB 1 (Seabees). I too deal with PTSD and Severe Depression. May the Lord mightily bless you and all involved with your care and recovery. I'll keep you in my prayers brother! Believe me it gets better.

welcome back and thanks for your service, best of luck to you in your continued recovery. my prayers go out to you and to the men and women who continue to fight for our freedom every where.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your service

I have friends and family that spent time in the military,I could tell a change in them when they returned...

It is great that you have found a group to help you through the tougher times... stay focused and you will get through

Welcome home and it is good to have you back with us again!!

SALUTE!!!!

Hey! What's the matter here?

There should be a hundred replies of thank you, support and recognition of this fine brave American Soldier! He is one of us here at WWDX and deserves the best, especially when we are getting ready to celebrate our independence, which was won by men and women such as he. C'mon guys and gals!

Hang in there trooper. They tried to cure my PTSD with benzos, got addicted and went thru hell getting off them.

Sounds like your on the right path, hang in there, something will come your way soon. Keep your family close.

Scott welcome back to the forum, and I also want to thank you for your service to this country.
I wish you godspeed in a full recovery, take things easy for a while, you deserve time to get things in your life back in order.
You are always welcome here on the WWRF.

Jeff

to all the stupid mother effers who believe today is all about a day off from work, a party & some fireworks, & there are far more in this category then anyone can imagine, over 236 years ago, a few people like 'msj stood up for EVERYBODY, including those who didn't care. did you ever think, that had they not, you just might not be here right now? right now you could be speaking a kings version of english. or because of people like 'msj through the years, you could be speaking spanish or german or japanese or..... get the picture? though today IS the birthday of this COUNTRY, if it weren't for people like 'msj, this country's death could have been in 1812, 1836, 1865, 1898, 1918, 1944, 1962, 1973, 2001.....and the celebration, if the government even allowed one, would be far different then the one done today. though there are a couple days set aside for them, veterans day & memorial day, today's celebration is only here BECAUSE of people like 'msj, millions of them over the last 236+ years.
to those who don't care....there's a great big world out there. GO THERE. & STAY. to 'msj & all those who made today possible, thank you. in time, your name & face will be forgotten, but as long as the american flag flies in my front yard, EVERY SINGLE person who in any way, shape or form defended it or was willing to defend it, is remembered for eternity.

Reactions: 1 person
WELCOME HOME

WELCOME HOME my friend, keep up the treatments and recovery will progress.
Thanks for your service also.
Keep in touch.
DOCTOR/795..US ARMY VIETNAM 1968

P.S. SCOTT
When your up to it, download echolink on the computer it is free worldwide into 2 meter repeaters..
also
lookup CQ100 worldwide voip for hams..free for 90 days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.