• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

behringer 802 to old Yaesu

First of all the Behringer 802 is a small mixing board. What you have to do, is find out what the mic plug pinout is on the radio. You know, the push to talk, ground, and mic audio pins.

Make your own cables.

*You need to buy a unused mic plug that fits the Yaesu.
*You also need to buy a 1/4 inch tip sleeve plug and shielded cable about 6 ft long too.
*Take the 1/4 inch tip/sleeve 6 foot shielded cable (pre-made=cheap) and cut one end off of it.
*Wire the center conductor of that 6 foot cable to the mic plug that corresponds to the 'audio' wire for the Yaesu.
*You will need to look at the Yaesu manual to figure out which pins they are.
*Now wire the ground wire of that 6 foot cable to the 'ground' pin on the Yaesu mic plug.
*You will need to buy and wire a foot switch from the push-to-talk wire/pin in the mic plug.
*Without the manual, I really cannot say for sure how to wire that part up.
*Use the mixer's main output jack for the feed into your Yaesu's mic plug.

Maybe someone knows the wiring to this radio.
I don't have that info. The rest is easy once you have that info.

EDIT: If this radio uses a high impedance input (it very well might be); then forget all of this. Today's audio gear is all low impedance. Unless you are also willing to buy a low-to-high impedance matching transformer too.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated