• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Besides Power - what is the main difference between a 95t2 and 98VHP.

70cst

Dec 4, 2009
I have a 95t2 (my keeper) but, I am looking at possibly trading some CB stuff for a 98VHP (2290's) ... whats your thoughts on the 98...

I talk mobile AM 99% of the time. Thanks

Reactions: Slowmover

Tell me how you really feel lol

Well, he ain’t wrong when you apply high standards. He’s reliable in that characteristic.

I’d say: what are you doing with them? AM-only I doubt there’ll be much difference at the other end.

There are function and feature differences for these top-of-the-line high-powered AM/SSB exports. (Circuitry changes).

I’d think one or the other fits the exact same space on the shelf. Unless you’re a Galaxy collector.

I'd say the bigger differences of the two would be the amplifier section. The 98vhp has 8 irf520's vs the toshiba transistors in the 95t. Aside from that, one is quite older and as slow mentioned there is the differences in features. Parts availability are much easier to acquire for the 98 also.

Just my 2 cents

I'd say the bigger differences of the two would be the amplifier section. The 98vhp has 8 irf520's vs the toshiba transistors in the 95t. Aside from that, one is quite older and as slow mentioned there is the differences in features. Parts availability are much easier to acquire for the 98 also.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.