• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Amp for 95t2 "new or old"

As 9C1Driver mentioned, an HD 4 pill amp will work with some basic conditions met. I use a straight heavy duty (4) Toshiba 2sc2879 box on the other side of the 95T. Just dial back the power on the 95T so it doesn't send the amp into saturation. Set final power level and modulation level for a 1:4 AM carrier to peak power ratio. Monitoring of the equipment temperatures should be a given.

If you like to turn things up after a "few" I do not recommend a (2) driving a (4) ;)

I'd recommend a 16 x 2sc2879 amp with genuine Toshiba transistors or 24 x dei 2879 transistors for breathing room .
For every 10 watts out of the radio I recommend one Toshiba 2sc2879
5-amp1.jpg
That is one serious amp!!!

Just for the FWIW Dept., for a time I ran a 95T2 into a 4x2879 comp style amp and saw lots of feel good numbers on the Dosy meter, as well as made many DX contacts. However, I had just as many DX contacts using the same amp with a dual final export radio, in this case a Galaxy 88, and the amp was much happier at the lower drive level. IMHO, an 8x2879 would be the minimum size amp for matching with a 95T2.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.