• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best amp under 250 watts

nat19

Nov 18, 2009
West Virginia
I am looking for a amp that is currently made today under 250 watts. People said to buy a palomar 225 but I found they are not made today. Would a kl200 work, if I turned the dead key down. Also wat about a TNT 100 Made by xforce amps, would it be worth buying.

The blue faced palomar 225's were pretty good, last I knew you could still find a new one just had to know where to look.

Let's talk about this.

What radio are you planning on driving your soon to be new amp with?

Do you prefer AM, SSB, or a mix of both?

Tell us what you are after and I'm sure someone could help a whole lot more.

I have a blue face real one that I got a couple of years ago from Jack at 292 Radio Shop.He used to frequent this forum as Freecell.If you dont use ssb much then I would suggest something else only because it has automatic ssb delay and doesnt have an on off switch to turn it on and off.I found the delay quite irritating on regular am.Locals around here quick key quite often and you find yourself missing the first word of a transmission.These guys have the bulletproof series ab1 filtered amps for sale or May-be GLR can steer you another way.If it was me,I'd just buy a class c 2 pill with a delay since you dont use ssb that much.If you want a Palomar 225 Blueface,PM me and Ill look for the one I got.It is the real one and not a fake.

Heres a comany to help steer you in the right direction.My suggestion would be a TS 250 or a 350..Google it.They have what you want whether it be palomar,texas star or messenger.
amateurlinearamplifiers

Last edited:
I have been looking around, and was wondering what you guys think about the texas star 250. I am still open for other suggestions, because I would really like to have something with less amperage draw. I would still like to know about the tnt t100 made by xforce. I don't really need much over 100 watts because I am already doing pretty good with my base setup. Thats why I like the tnt t100. Also i would really like to have a preamp because if i can't hear them i can't talk to them.

I would look at the Texas Star 299, TnT 250, Bulletproof 250, Palomar 225/250 (blue face), or a KL-300p. Since you have a SSB ready radio might as well get a class AB or B amplifier.

I have been looking around, and was wondering what you guys think about the texas star 250. I am still open for other suggestions, because I would really like to have something with less amperage draw. I would still like to know about the tnt t100 made by xforce. I don't really need much over 100 watts because I am already doing pretty good with my base setup. Thats why I like the tnt t100. Also i would really like to have a preamp because if i can't hear them i can't talk to them.
Don't get hung up on the preamp. Most of the ones in Cb amps are for shit. Turn the volume control on your CB up by 30 percent---that's exactly what a preamp will do for you. Don't go with a class C amp. They trash the band and sound like crap on SSB. Just say no! Get a Texas Star 250 and be happy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.