• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best amps?

AMP

At the risk of spending the rest of my life in a federal prison for using an amp, I want to take the chance. A friend gave me an amp and I want to hook it up to my mobile Cobra 29 NW LTD. Is it as simple as hooking into power and doing the various antenna/input connections or is it a job for pros?
Thanx for the feedback.

Make sure that your antenna will handle the power the amp puts out...make sure you have a large enough power wire to handle the amps power requirements....

One of the better amps that is out on the market these days is the Texas Star ....alot of folks run them

oh yea one more thing...make sure the swr is as it should be.... your amp and radio will thank you

shooting star 225 Plus?
Small amp with 2 transistors, if it is a stock radio, you should be fine, as said before, make sure your SWR is good.
If the Amp gets hot quickly reduce the power by using the Low power position on the Amp.
It would not hurt to put a fan on it as well.
The Model number is a 225, but you should expect to get about 100 watts or so out of it with say a 50 or 60 watt dead key without pushing it to hard.

Jeff

Attachments

• shooting star.jpg
    shooting star.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 64

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.