• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best and Why?

Cowboy

Apr 11, 2005
Florida
Which is the best mobile swr/watt meter inline you think is the best and why? I think the Cherokee Tm-1000 - 3000 series were the best out there they were acurate and easy to read

What I like best at home is a good cross-needle peak reading meter left inline. This lets you tune up your antenna by watching the swr very easily. It's also great for loading up an amplifier. Of course the Bird 43 with the peak kit is the old reference standard, but there are plenty of others out there with just as good of accuracy.

Best Bang for your Buck-----
PalStar WM-150
Selector switch for Active Peak reading or AVG watts, Cross Needle shows Foward and Reverse power at the same time, Great for use with a Antenna Tuner. 0-300 and 0-3000 watt readings
IMHO

the mfj's will make you cry but make me smile :) crosneedles will tell you the truth with peak and take into acount for reflect and swr at same time. just a thought and only meter ive used for like 4 years. but then again if you dont use 1/2 wave multiples you could get inacurate readings of both power and swr and reflect. "shrugs"..

as far as the bird people use one meter for PEP one for avg/rms and one for reflect/swr.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.