• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best antenna for Kenwood ts-520s.

Dentron,Nye-Viking, Drake, Murch are all good tuners.
The Heathkit 2040 does not handle 160 the model 2060 will.
Ten-Tech made some good tuners also.
If you can find a used one that you are confident it is good working order then
any of the above will serve you well.
the reason I suggested Palstar was you get a warranty and a unit that if something
should go wrong parts and service are available.

@oldtymer I'm a big fan of only spending money once so ill definitely check out palstar if itll work well with the kenwood ts-520s and my galaxy dx98vhp on 10m it might be just what I'm looking for that and from what I see the prices for smaller models aren't far out of my price range! I appreciate the link!

@oldtymer I'm a big fan of only spending money once so ill definitely check out palstar if itll work well with the kenwood ts-520s and my galaxy dx98vhp on 10m it might be just what I'm looking for that and from what I see the prices for smaller models aren't far out of my price range! I appreciate the link!

"Buy cheap,buy twice" they used to say.
You don't need to buy the biggest most expensive one but get one that will at
least handle legal limit or a touch more in case you add an amplifier later

Reactions: Cody Dixson
FWIW, I bought an ft450d at a good price almost two years ago. “Starter rig”, is the idea.

An Icom-718 will join it.

Sure, plenty of other choices in the general price range.

Given (still) too many CB/Export in my house (a plan for those), the CB Radio installations in big truck, pickup, travel trailer AND my sons two vehicles and house

have precedence.

Many roads, same destination.

The install quality of work + most materials used to be later suitable for Amateur. Is the idea.

That’s great you have present and future antenna sites. All of ours must be portable or mobile for now.

Reactions: Cody Dixson

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated