• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best antenna for wall or balcony?

DX-Viking

May 14, 2005
Sweden, Scandinavia
www.sweden.se
Best antenna for wall or balcony?

Can a car antenna be usefull or is there better antennas?

Any idéa?

I have had a car antenna at the balcony, but horizontal polaroized(the only way to get good swr). It worked for skip.

Regards
DX-Viking

Can you do a sloper where you're trying to put it? And what frequencies are you wanting to use?

I am not sure of the word "sloper"...

I am going to move to a new flat. And the only place to put the antenna is just outside the window, at the facade. So there is no place for a big base antenna(at this moment).
What typ of antenna can I use? I will prefer a antenna that can handel 600 watt.
Is ther any benefit or disadvantage for some type?

The frequency is just the 11-meter band.

Is this on a second story or higher?

A sloper is basically a wire dipole. If you think of the house and the ground as the sides of a right triange, the "sloper" would be the hypotenuse. Would that work for your install?

The flat is on the 10:th floor, out of ten.
The surroundings are not suitable for at wire antenna to the ground. (I guess that the neighbour will disallow the sight of a 150 ft. wire outside there window.)

So I have to look for some kind of "ordenery" antenna.

DX-Viking,
Do you have access, and can you put an antenna on the roof? That would probably be the best bet for you, if you can. Since you're on the top floor, the length of feed line shouldn't be too long and should be fairly easy to hide, sort of.
Any balcony or window antenna is going to be a compromise, not exactly the 'best' performer. If you have an antenna like that which works, I think I'd hang on to it no matter what the polarization.
Is 'CB' in Sweden in the 27 Mhz range?
- 'Doc

Yes the CB-band in Sweden are 26,965 - 27,405 MHZ - 40 CH. Like most the of the Europe.

But DX-ers will increase current rules... :roll:

The CB-band in Sweden are not comonly used thoes days. So it give "geecks" like me plenty of room in the air. :LOL:

How wide is your balcony? A full size wire dipole for 27mhz is only about 16 feet wide. You may be able to string up a horizontal dipole between the two ends of the balcony. You can also use two shortened mobile 1/4 wave antennas with a bracket like the one at the bottom of this page:

anttron.tripod.com/id56.htm

Then you would just attach a small mast to a tripod or something.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.