• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best base antenna for rental house

Rabbid Possum

Jul 26, 2021
Tennessee
Does anyone have any suggestions for a base antenna for a rental house? Unfortunately since I am renting and hope to buy some land and build within the next 1 to 2 years I can't do a tower. Was thinking I could use my dog kennel to mount to possibly?
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am a complete newbie to this hobby.

Thanks

A99 or other vertical on a pole or in a tree. A dipole maybe? Maybe one of those fancy PVC dipoles that you can rotate, for the lulz ya know?

A99 or other vertical on a pole or in a tree. A dipole maybe? Maybe one of those fancy PVC dipoles that you can rotate, for the lulz ya know?
Thanks for your input. I've got to get me a base up and running as for now I only have my rig in my truck and mainly only get to play on it when I am at my part time job

I don't think they're made anymore but if you can find one, the workman t-225 balcony antenna did a great job once for me. Used it for several years on and off and still have it put away as a back up. It's a boomerang type antenna. Sirio makes one like it and I even tried it but it wouldn't work for me.

Have any tall trees? Spray paint an Imax or a-99 brown/black and use rope to pull it up into a tree. If you had a pine tree you could loop a rope over a branch in the top and pull the antenna up into the tree up against the trunk, should be pretty invisible if you do it right and can be temporary if you leave the rope in place to raise/lower it. Or like others have said - put up a dipole - very low visibility.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a base antenna for a rental house? Unfortunately since I am renting and hope to buy some land and build within the next 1 to 2 years I can't do a tower. Was thinking I could use my dog kennel to mount to possibly?
Any help is greatly appreciated as I am a complete newbie to this hobby.

Thanks

seeing some of the comments i just have to ask you, are there any trees on your property?

Have any tall trees? Spray paint an Imax or a-99 brown/black and use rope to pull it up into a tree. If you had a pine tree you could loop a rope over a branch in the top and pull the antenna up into the tree up against the trunk, should be pretty invisible if you do it right and can be temporary if you leave the rope in place to raise/lower it. Or like others have said - put up a dipole - very low visibility.
Unfortunately no trees at all

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.