• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best long distance SSB antenna?

There was an astrobeam on ebay a while back. Cant remember what it went for though. It had one of the best backdoors a beam could ever have.

sherlock said:
There was an astrobeam on ebay a while back. Cant remember what it went for though. It had one of the best backdoors a beam could ever have.

Yep, I saw it.... I have one that's 99.999% complete - all it's missing is 1 half of the "hoop". One of these days, I'll run across it.

Devildog said:
I have had Jays I10K and all I can say is it is built like a tank and was a great talking antenna, To bad I sold it :( I also had The skyking 2 element quad and after some bad weather lets just say it ended up in pieces. Some of the older people here will remember when I dropped it on my first install, then I noticed charger had a 4 element that wasnt complete so I bought what he had to repair it. Well no more parts :( But I will say when it was up I got my #s called more times than on any other antenna. I just moved so I dont know what kind of beam will be next. If you have the dough I would say Jays I10K but if you are on a limited budget the maco 58 should work just fine. Me I like to tinker with things and have located 3 old stardusters I am going to see if they want them. Just havent figured out how to approach them as of yet.

If you still have your SkyKing antenna?? Bill still have parts in stock for them.. Just PM me and Ill send you his Phone Number..
Tom

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.