• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mic Capsule You Can Buy for CB/Amature Under $2000 Electret Condenser $50 or Less!

The reason I like nice flat audio response is so that you are not fighting the natural tendencies of the mic to color your sound with artifacts from it's design. This means you are in control of what sound you get via processing. Since stock CB's have rather restricted audio to begin with the last thing you need is to fight a mic's. Since people running hifi, direct inject, asymmetrical modulation are running rack gear or PC audio software anyways it is just better all around to have a flat response and adjust as needed.

Attachments

• Gentex Electret Mic Element.pdf
    406.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
$24.95 and lower shipping.

This is Allen at FatCat.Parts, and I'm the one who has the small condenser mics listed on eBay as well as my website (FatCat.Parts). I have these mics in stock, and they are truly $24.95 plus reasonable shipping.

Be aware my listing page has been copied by several scam sites that are not selling also on eBay, and are marked with prices down to almost $20. Those scam sites do not have the product in stock, they take the credit card payment and then never ship it (since they don't have it) and they are impossible to reach. All contact info is bogus.

I guess the point I'm trying to add to the conversation is that saving money is good, but just beware of who you send your money to. I'm an actual guy, and I can be looked up on QRZ.Com as AG5ND.

Good luck on working our your mic troubles!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.