• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best mike for my Yaesu FT-101EE?

King Mudduck said:
I have a stock mike and also a few others around here. What mike has the best sound quality on side band? Thanks!

I've run a 444 on my old 101EE and it sounded alright, a little soft on the top end, but the best sounding mike I ever heard on mine and several others was the Turner Plus 2 desk mic with a small capacitor in series with the mic's + lead of around .1-.01ufd to tame the extra bass back to just right.

I was told the mic made it sound like a 756 ProII with a top line Heil element. Their words, not mine. Turner plus 2s are everywhere, give one a try, just make sure it has a good original element in good condition.

It has a real friendly lock switch, too.

mike

You should try a shure 526t on that old101 I have tryed a dozen different mikes on mine the last 27 years that I have own it and always go back to the shure. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.