• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mobile CB antenna

i also havr a sirio.they are great antennas.it does out talk my wilson 5k it replaced
not alot as a guess id say 2sunits.its also longer in lenth the whip is bigger in diameter
so iyt doesnt flex as much at highway speeds.and as faras cost the sirio screwed
onto the wilson magnet i already had

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
i also havr a sirio.they are great antennas.it does out talk my wilson 5k it replaced
not alot as a guess id say 2sunits.its also longer in lenth the whip is bigger in diameter
so iyt doesnt flex as much at highway speeds.and as faras cost the sirio screwed
Is your Sirio a direct mount or magnet?

My Sirio 3000 is on a 7" magmount i know it would perform better if i drilled the roof and mounted that way. The thing is i don't want to damage the van roof as it's a fairly new van. The Sirio 3000 is the best mobile antenna i've ever used, i swear by them. The bandwidth is good too at 26-28mhz. I use a RM KL 200 linear with mine too and i drive all over London with no problems getting out through the concrete jungle to friends in the suburbs.

My Sirio 3000 is on a 7" magmount i know it would perform better if i drilled the roof and mounted that way. The thing is i don't want to damage the van roof as it's a fairly new van. The Sirio 3000 is the best mobile antenna i've ever used, i swear by them. The bandwidth is good too at 26-28mhz. I use a RM KL 200 linear with mine too and i drive all over London with no problems getting out through the concrete jungle to friends in the suburbs.
Is this antenna DC grounded(shunt fed)?

To my knowledge, I have never seen a 'DC grounded' mag-mount antenna of any kind. Name one, please.
- 'Doc
I was reading on another forum where a fellow said his performer 5000 was dc grounded and not finding any info at the sirio site on that antenna I just wondered if the 3000 and 4000 series had the same claim?

I've seen cut aways of these antennas and they do not show any matching circuits that are visible.

Back-up a bit...I have NO vested Interest in Cowtown Antenna's or the Predator 10K Antenna's...However, I have tested enough antenna's against the 10K's to know that they are well worth every penny they sell for. And apparently the people that makes Tram Antenna's thinks so to...Otherwise, they wouldn't have Cloned the Predator's...:love::D
10ksig1c.gif

Just what did this testing involve.....and what unit of measure did you use to base your results on. Did you keep these stastics and are they viewable? Or is this just your opinion?

I'm not sure but i think maybe dc grounded. The mounting is an SO239 type.
Is the dc shunting in the mounting base of the antenna, hidden from view? and it would still need to be fed through the coax on a magnet mount which I can't see it matching well through that length of wire.

I never even seen a Sirio mobile antenna to this day.
Sounds pretty decent - though.
Screws right on to a Wilson mag-mount you say - eh?
Better still!

Now, a single S-unit is equivalent to 6db's; and two S-units would make a 12db change.
And every 3db change upward would double the percieved volume/loudness to the ear.
That is a lot!
If it was only a couple of db's - I wouldn't consider it.
But if it is a couple of S-units; well - that's a horse of a different color!

So - is it 'S-units' or 'db's'?

Last edited:
That DC ground thingy. If it were DC grounded it would mean there had to be a ground at the base of the antenna. If you're going to do that, why not just drill the hole and do it right? Mag-mounts work through capacitive coupling through that magnet. Actually the magetism has nothing to do with anything except holding the thing on. But the magnet acts as one plate of a capacitor and the metal body of the vehicle as the other plate. It works and that just great. But it does have limits which relate to frequency of use, and surface area. Oh well. Not telling you anything new with that.

Shunts.
Actually they are inductive links with ground for most base loaded antennas. They help, or do the impedance matching which is always required with antennas. Just wish they were adjustable!
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated