• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mobile CB antenna

I use my CB alot when mobile and use a Sirio megawatt 4000. i think this is a very good antenna indeed and it gets out with 80watts well

is there any other antenna out there that i may not be familiar with that will out peform the sirio 4000pl?

i know alot of people rave on about wilsons but i think the sirio is much better

please help me

JC in Enfield,North London, UK
What I like best about my Stryker SR-A10 cb antenna is that it has an effective, powerful magnet and it is not too bulky. I have had it on top of my SUV for some time now and it has never moved. Great product at a great price..

102" stainless steel whip hands down & for those who are still confused,there is no such thing as SWR's.That is why they sell SWR Meters & not SWR's meters. LOL

SIX-SHOOTER

I’m a’thinkin’ you ain’t from Texas. A’course it’s plural. It’s just like sighting in the Weaver on Daddy’s .218 Bee at Prairie Dog Town. Git ‘er down to ONE.

$300-$400 ineffective antenna, that's what we need.

Also known as Snake Oil Antennas because it gets that load of money out of your hip pocket and makes you feel like a total moron once you realize it won’t talk across the street much less across the country. LOL SMOKE AND MIRRORS stuff.

SIX-SHOOTER

I’m a’thinkin’ you ain’t from Texas. A’course it’s plural. It’s just like sighting in the Weaver on Daddy’s .218 Bee at Prairie Dog Town. Git ‘er down to ONE.

Nope I am a Florida Boy born and bred and we usually site in our 22-250 with the Nikon mounted on a Weaver mount and when we get quarter size groups at 200 yards we call it Killin Time.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: Slowmover
This thread has survived longer than most marriages.

I decided years ago to stick with magnetic mount antennas when going mobile. I have one set with the longer stingers - a Wilson 1000, a Stryker 5K and a Tram 3500. A second set is all Radio Shack magnetic mounts. One is about 35 years old. A second about 30 years old. A third is about 10 years old. These three have stingers in the 32"- 40" range. Depending on the task at hand, I'll take from the first group if I need more range. I'll take from the second group if we've got a small group (convoy) going somewhere.

Early in this thread, many sang the praises of the Wilson 1000. Mine has been great, but the Stryker SR5K and the Tram 3500 perform every bit as well. I guess you could say I'm not married to any particular one.

Reactions: Slowmover and 314
For a mobile you can't beat the 102 whip. As far as number 2, I'd have to say the Sirio 5000. I own both and both do a fantastic job. I have an old whip and spring my Dad bought back in 1966 and the spring is as good of spring as I've ever gotten hold of. No idea what brand it is but, it is extremely stout. With the spring and a Tram quick disconnect on top of it, my 102 reads nearly perfect across the entire 11 meter band.

Reactions: Blackcat630

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.