• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BEST PLACE & TECH to get an RCI-2970N2 From ?

Ez2cDave

Nov 22, 2012
I am looking to pick up a fully-tested and tuned / adjusted RANGER RCI-2970N2 with E-Chip installed.

What are the best shops and techs to get this item from and what is the best way to contact them?

Thanks, in advance !

Ez2cDave:

Copper does sell it for cheaper than any other store that I've seen. But I could be wrong about that, so take that with a grain of salt. If you've done your homework, you would have also found out that Copper sells these radios w/o the e-chip. They charge extra for that. I have never had them do any work to a radio, so I can't say anything about that. But I have heard that they really aren't geared up with a tech to do alignments and mods. Again - could be wrong.

Bell's does decent work. Used a couple of radios from that shop because a friend wanted me to check them out. I've watched their videos and I can see that the tech can make repairs, uses the proper equipment, and stands behind his work.

Walcott's is also popular and has decent prices and a reliable tech.

Bob's CB in PA is another.

DTB is another kind of the same caliber too.

There are lots of other shops and decent techs working at these places. So, if you want to make a choice for one - then run the idea here first and gauge the reactions and experiences. But w/o you being specific, it is hard to say that there is only one shop to go to.

$.02

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.