• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BEST PRODUCT FOR SCRATCHY VOLUME KNOBS ECT

To be honest with I have never seen good results with sprays. It might work for a while but the problem comes back. Maybe they have new stuff I haven't used yet. But I won't waste my money on sprays I just replace the pot and be done with it.

If pots have not beenused for a long time like when a piece of gear lies unused for a while the pots often become dirty and a little spray will fix them right up and as long as the pot is used it will generally keep itself clean after that. The only real reason to replace a pot is when the carbon trace becomes worn and eroded causing drop outs. I have pulled gear out of service and placed back into operation years later. The pots were dirty and after a spray cleaning they worked for years after. Certainly no need to replace them when they were good going into storage and were just a little dirty.

Deoxit worked great! No more scratchy knobs/potentiometers. Removed top and bottom cover of my uniden Madison, gave each potentiometer two shots of deoxit. After powering up the radio I noticed that the knob were still scratchy but, after turning each knob about a dozen times back and forth the scrathyness slowly disappeared. All gone, deoxit 5% lubricant. Great stuff. Purchased on eBay, $13, was $18 but made offer, selller excepted. Thanks for all youe advice. TE="Stellasstillarat, post: 498918, member: 42401"]If the deo[/QUOTE]
Deox

I've used the Radio Shack stuff for years with good results, but I also have a small warehouse of electric guitars and amps. Caig De-Oxit was recommended for the musical gear and I've stuck with it. I have "fixed" many a guitar amp and/or CB radio by opening it up and spraying down the pots or contacts with De-Oxit or the Radio Shack equivalent.

OP, go to the nearest O'Rielly's auto parts, and buy a can of CRC Electronic cleaner, I use it.Works great. Had a dodgy mic gain control on my 2000, fixed it right up with this stuff.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.