• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best program for baofeng handhelds

I used Chirp. Downloaded the repeaters via repeaterbook, and then pasted them to the program. I manually entered all the most used simplex frequencies in my area via the program as well. Then uploaded to the radio. Make sure you're in channel mode when you do it, or it won't communicate.

RT307

I got that part Brett,

but how do you input the frequency's to the list is what I am trying to figure out. I cannot type in anything to the blank list...Just how do you do that?

73's
Eric

Open Chirp, Hit the file button, click the "new" tab on the drop down menu, then go to the Radio button, click on the "import from datasource" tab on the drop down menu. you will see a drop down menu appear to the right, and it will have Radioreference, repeaterbook, prziemenniki, and RFinder. Pick repeaterbook ('cause it's free!), click on the tab, and it will give you a small box to pick what State, County, and Band you want. Say you do 2 meters first. You will have to import those to the "new" file that you are building. After that, you just do the same thing over and add the 440 repeaters from your area to the "new" file, and save the whole thing with whatever name makes sense to you. You can set your channels to scan or not to scan with the software just by clicking the "S" button. For adding the simplex stuff, you do have to manually type in the frequencies. The program was a little fickle on my computer, and you have to click the line you want, and double click the frequency box to highlight it. Then just punch in the frequency you need. I had to play with mine a few times, but you really can't mess anything up.... you can always delete it, start a new file, and do it over.

Brett

No problem, Eric. Let me know if you get it. If not, tell me what States/Counties you want, and I'll put one together and email it to you.

Brett

If you have a Wouxun, use the Commander software, it's the fastest and most trouble free software I have ever used on a Handheld. I don't think they have it for the Boafeg, but you can check.

John

If you have a Wouxun, use the Commander software, it's the fastest and most trouble free software I have ever used on a Handheld. I don't think they have it for the Boafeg, but you can check.

John
I agree with John, Chirp is good for the Baofeng but sucks for the Wouxun. Commander is the best for the W. Correct there is no Commmander for the Baofeng.

i have the uv5-r+plus and have programed the 2mt/70cm band into it using chirp, found it very user friendly,,,,,i am trying to program the uhf cb frequencies into it using chirp but i am having no success with this adventure at all. 100% my own fault i am sure of this, but i feel like using this ht as a footy at this time as i am so frustrated with what i am trying to do. It has to something simple i am sure but i am in need of help, anyone done what i am trying to do???any guides to this would be appreciated
Peter VK2PSW

Do you have the fequency steps set correctly at 2.5k?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.