• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best program for baofeng handhelds

I used chirp with my UV-5R for the first programming and I have never been able to get it to work since. Could be the programming cable, but I've had nothing but trouble with trying to get it to program again. Luckily I put it most of the frequencies that were important to me on the first pass.

You have to make sure that you get the correct driver and make sure that the computer does not update the driver, once you have a working cable driver seems like chirp is good but looking at the baofeng format I like it better but I just cant get it to work with windows 7 OS. I am going to reformat an older tower I have with XP and use it for programming. Then store the csv file, the only problem I see with that is that the baofeng layout has more input lines. It looks more like the vertex software that I was so accustomed to. I will never again shoot down vertex's<can not stand it> simplicity of programming, I really miss it compared to chirp. I guess it is a matter of adapting.

For the poster that was having issues with W7 use the driver for vista and windows 7 from this link

Wouxun Software Download - Baofeng Software Download

then if still having issues connecting follow these steps on the link below

http://wouxun.us/Software/USB_Drivers/Installing%20Drivers.pdf

My issue is no longer with install but now it the actual input layout and I hope just becoming familiar with the format, so far I dont get how to put in the duplex channels. I put simplex in no probelm and all are working but I am not familiar with chirp and just dont understand quite how to put the rx and tx freq in the line together to make it work. If any one has input on that I would be appreciative.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.