• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Beware of this type of ebay auction

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
here is a great example of a great looking radio being sold on ebay as the best of the best.

This being tax season and all, i thought i might put out a warning against clicking away that return check on a new CB radio that you've been drooling over.

here is a link to the auction:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Built-Cobra-2000-GTL-CB-Radio-/274218991901?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

and a pic of the radio:
s-l500.jpg

now this radio is certainly cool for having custom wood covers, but when you read the ad, you realize this is just a box with bells and whistles connected to it, and notice that there is not one picture of the inside of the radio.
who knows what mess is lurking underneath those nice covers.

the seller says that there is no clock in the unit, but doesn't put a pic of whatever was changed to accommodate that.
is the clock just broken?
has this radio been restored on the inside?

this could be a hoopty with a nice paint job, and you don't notice till you get it home that they did all the body filling with ramen noodles.
beware!
LC

Yikes! So much deception going on for the untrained eye.

"Radio been to my teck allined peaked tuned!! Works AM-SSB Said was real loud Loud Modulation and great Recive !! Will be dubbled boxed!!

Its not Chinglish and we can figure out what he means but knowing how to use spell-check is expected.

I can’t speak for Windows or Android powered devices but on a Mac or iPhone you’d have to deliberately spell words that way. But yeah, we know what he means, maybe his name is Scottie P?

027D5CA4-BD03-4592-AF64-ED7EFA9DE655.jpeg 132DB24A-A2AF-4332-9174-5B3CD472D492.gif

Reading between the lines, I suspect that "no clock" tells us that the frequency display is not the original, but one of Ralph's 'Backwoods RF' replacement frequency displays.

Odds are that it will read correctly only in AM mode, and be off by 1.5 kHz in SSB modes.

But yeah. No pics of the inside.

RUN!

(The other way).

Bu..bu..but muh wood case? Muh frequency counter... muh dual speakers so the mud ducks is in stereo.

Won’t nothing get you pumped up for some DX like the sound of a roger beep in stereo.

"Powers on. No further testing performed." :whistle:

"Great radio. Just needs a little TLC." ;)

"Can't test properly. No antenna. But appears to transmit. Needle moves when mic is keyed." (y)

Reactions: codeman and Tallman
"Powers on. No further testing performed." :whistle:

"Great radio. Just needs a little TLC." ;)

"Can't test properly. No antenna. But appears to transmit. Needle moves when mic is keyed." (y)
Sowndz lik gud raydeeoo. Got awl dat bling in da ad, wif dem emoji everwhere. Prolly gots dem hifi implantz in dem dually speekerz. Needs sum roger beepz 'n krome jewl nobs that change kolorz.

Reactions: Riverman
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?