• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

Bias design, amplifier design, filtering etc.

Jay Mojave

Nov 17, 2015
Hello Jeff: Ok thanks for the info here I printed out the bias sites for reading. I have a circuit I made a few years ago using a voltage regulator a Zener diode and another voltage regulator,... I think. It regulated right at the 1 volt level at 3 amps.

I was impressed with the guys 3 bias circuit in the past postings. Came across a 8 pill that needs bias for SSB, probably will use 4 bias circuits for that while watching a scope and spectrum analyzer. Another project great....

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

9C1Driver

Aug 13, 2008
Sure wish PEAKABOO was still building. Wish I still had my Joker, it was two 2879's with regulated AB bias.

Attachments

• group 1 021.jpg
    group 1 021.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 188
  • group 1 017.jpg
    group 1 017.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 196
  • group 1 018.jpg
    group 1 018.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 204

RParz

Apr 19, 2005
Chi-Town
Sure wish PEAKABOO was still building. Wish I still had my Joker, it was two 2879's with regulated AB bias.
Is that the Joker amp from back in the day? I was trying to find my Joker amp recently, and it looks a lot like yours. The diamond plate and the heatsink sandwiched with the n on top. It's a base unit with 2290's and some nice filtering. I think I bought it off this site, of Moleculo -- had to be early 2000's. It's been sitting in a box on the shelf for years.....Is there a demand for these things?

lonestarbandit

4-2-9 Central TX
Dec 30, 2006
Is that the Joker amp from back in the day? I was trying to find my Joker amp recently, and it looks a lot like yours. The diamond plate and the heatsink sandwiched with the n on top. It's a base unit with 2290's and some nice filtering. I think I bought it off this site, of Moleculo -- had to be early 2000's. It's been sitting in a box on the shelf for years.....Is there a demand for these things?
I had a joker once. Long skinny 6x I think it was diamond plate ... I saw it listed in some Dallas cb shop on FB a while back but they sold it again before I had a chance to inquire and see if it was my old one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.