• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bias design, amplifier design, filtering etc.

yes the pi filter is intended to help isolate the bias circuit from the rf,
i will try an extra resistor to load the pass transistor the next time im playing with that type circuit,
right now im building a bench in the spare room so that i can get back to playing radio;)

yes the pi filter is intended to help isolate the bias circuit from the rf,
i will try an extra resistor to load the pass transistor the next time im playing with that type circuit,
right now im building a bench in the spare room so that i can get back to playing radio;)

LOL... and have fun!

they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

That is true Bob.

I love to help people out but it seams that most of them have ulterior motives. I know that RF amplifiers can be a big pain in the ass but if folks are just wanting to copy so they can make a buck I got nothing for them.

That is true Bob.

I love to help people out but it seams that most of them have ulterior motives. I know that RF amplifiers can be a big pain in the ass but if folks are just wanting to copy so they can make a buck I got nothing for them.
There are a couple out there still re-inventing the wheel.

dwb biased1x4-0.jpg

Attachments

• dwb biased1x4-0.jpg
    dwb biased1x4-0.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 488
Is it using the 3 transistors mounted to the heatsink for thermal control?
That board has 3 bias circuits, one for the input stage and one for each output stage.

Those are the voltage regulators.

If memory serves the tracking is below the board near the finals, he gouged tracks in the heat sink to route the wiring for that.

That board has 3 bias circuits, one for the input stage and one for each output stage.

Those are the voltage regulators.

If memory serves the tracking is below the board near the finals, he gouged tracks in the heat sink to route the wiring for that.

10-4

Good topic, I use a regulator (8V@3Amps)with a pass trasistor and 2 flat style diodes using a TO-220ac style case. Works decent and seems to do very well. Have Bob to thank for getting me interested in a biased amp some years back. Similar to motorola design with a few changes. I generally use 1 circuit per 2 transistors. I could use it for a 4 pill amp, but don't.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.