• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Big time today from Europe - 11 meter

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Greenland again.
France - (3) stations.
Germany.
Switzerland.
Netherlands.
Italy - (2) stations.
Spain - (2) stations
Portugal.

I heard Namibia with a very strong signal and also heard Kuwait, but like yesterday - just to many east coast stations to get through.

Just the basic 85 watts again.

Greenland again.
France - (3) stations.
Germany.
Switzerland.
Netherlands.
Italy - (2) stations.
Spain - (2) stations
Portugal.

I heard Namibia with a very strong signal and also heard Kuwait, but like yesterday - just to many east coast stations to get through.

Just the basic 85 watts again.

Just curious but who/where were the Greenland stations? Ages ago I used to work Ben NK-48 and Christian NK-166 (numbers may be reversed) in Nanortalik on the southwest coast of Greenland whenever the band was open to Newfoundland or Iceland. Also worked a few stations in Julianehab, Godthab (now called Nuuk) and one in the Godforsaken place called Kulusuk. Look it up and you will see why I called it that.

Just curious but who/where were the Greenland stations? Ages ago I used to work Ben NK-48 and Christian NK-166 (numbers may be reversed) in Nanortalik on the southwest coast of Greenland whenever the band was open to Newfoundland or Iceland. Also worked a few stations in Julianehab, Godthab (now called Nuuk) and one in the Godforsaken place called Kulusuk. Look it up and you will see why I called it that.
There is a guy from Denmark doing a activation from Ivituut - haven't looked it up yet. It's in the S.W. part I guess. I looked up Kulusuk - looks very very cold there.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a few minutes to try some of the European skip before going in to work. I landed a couple worth mentioning.

Portugal -------------------- 31OE246 -------- 27.395 LSB.
He was running a SS3900 45 watts and a 2 element beam. I was running the H/BAstroplane and 150 watts.

South Greenland ----------- 38/47DE101 ---------- 27.540 USB.
He had a beam of some sort, but I was working the H/BAstroplane and barefoot RCI2950.

There were other contacts like a brief one with WR2966 Pat in California, if my memory serves me right. Conditions were not real tight at the time, and were from Bermuda to Europe to Australia and points in between.

I netted a few others today:

Vienna, Austria ------------------------- 35AT160/Peter -------- 27.4850USB
Belgium -------------------------------- 16ON001/Michael ------- 27.4950USB
Wales ---------------------------------- AC027/Chris ----------- 27.5550USB
Birmingham, England -------------------- 26DT882/Mike ---------- 27.5550USB
Ireland --------------------------------- 29DG007 --------------- 27.4050LSB
Cretel, France -------------------------- 14ATR094/Fab ----------27.4700LSB
NW Italy -------------------------------- 1SD227/Giancarlo ------ 27.535USB
Munich, Germany ------------------------ 13OD166 -------------- 27.3900LSB

Last edited:
wow

Alot of good dx out there this week!

I connected with Newfoundland out of my mobile yesterday evening. Depending on where he was it was at least a 1700 mile dx. he was operator scott maybe world radio 64. conditions closed about as quick as they opened.

that and west indies were the highlight of my week

It was a 2 1/2 hr. flow of stations from Europe here. Got a darn headache and to take lunch break!

I had something like 16 stations, never heard it so heavy for the month of Sept. Then of course there was the West Indies and S. America.

Then around 2:00pm Japan starting rolling in, then Australia, New Zealand, Asiatic Russia, Indonesia and Philippines.....very good day for dx!

It was a 2 1/2 hr. flow of stations from Europe here. Got a darn headache and to take lunch break!

I had something like 16 stations, never heard it so heavy for the month of Sept. Then of course there was the West Indies and S. America.

Then around 2:00pm Japan starting rolling in, then Australia, New Zealand, Asiatic Russia, Indonesia and Philippines.....very good day for dx!

I hear that dxman! Friday afternoon was dx from all over as well as Sunday midday afternoon. I was not able to get on the radio saturday. East Coast-West Coast, Europe, Australia, Hawaii Island and other islands, West Indies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.