• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Black face 2970 amp section transplant

swp411

Jan 5, 2016
I'm thinking about transplanting this amp into another radio. I'm sure it has been done before, i have done a little bit of searching but have came up empty handed. The amp is the 2 - 2sc2290 section just to clarify.

The radio is dead, i am assuming the cpu has given up considering the age and unknown previous ownership. The radio did work up until this happened, so i know the amp section does work. If anyone has a schematic, or can just tell me what wires do what that would be great.

I know the primary power and ground, and the coaxial in and out, but that leaves a black and brown (could be green as i am cb) set that was plugged in by the finals on the chassis, and a red and black set that was soldered across (in place of) R249, black to the front and red to the back of the chassis.

Also what sort of output wattage should be fed into this amp if i do succeed?

Thank you for your time in advance.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated