• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Black Powder caps?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I never thought I would see the day when black powder caps became scarce. I can make my own black powder and cast my own ball, but I can't make caps. Does anyone have a source for both #11 and #10 caps?

and if ya have trouble getting the compound ya can use these,,,
KIRdn_fFlyxqy2c2SZkosFSJNI5hfE67tSdb_ho-OuY.jpg

Are you the seller?
They cost less than others on the market, and I like the fact that they have a musket cap maker as well as No. 10 and 11. But they are 3d printed plastic, and I have doubts as to how well they will hold up.
I bought the #10, #11, and #1081 musket cap maker set, and they work just fine. The plastic is strong enough for the task.

I don't doubt they're strong enough. I just worry that they will eventually fatigue and break. I would however like to find the files so I can print my own. That way when it breaks I can just print a new one.

I don't doubt they're strong enough. I just worry that they will eventually fatigue and break. I would however like to find the files so I can print my own. That way when it breaks I can just print a new one.
Of course, if you have the skills and equipment to do so.

The crazies have been coming out of the woodwork at the cb shop lately, I feel it is a sign of that shtf situation we have been hearing about for years.

here is the cap maker I have, all aluminum.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated