• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Black Stryker 955 replacement knobs

Prof. Base

Oct 20, 2021
Been looking for some black knobs for the Stryker 955. I did see some at Scott's Radios, but they were out of stock.
Has anyone seen these anywhere else?

Well, I got the black knobs today .... and .... the damn mode selector knob is not clocked properly. I take off the chrome knob as it points to AM, and install the black knob that points to FM!! :mad: $ 45.00!!

Well, I got the black knobs today .... and .... the damn mode selector knob is not clocked properly. I take off the chrome knob as it points to AM, and install the black knob that points to FM!! :mad: $ 45.00!!
Yep. Same here. I told Mr. Scott that he needed to put a disclosure stating that the control knob doesn't line up properly. He did, in fact, add that to the website, but my money had already been spent. IF I had known ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
He will send you a return label for a refund if you would like to return them.
I took some model primer and flat black enamel paint and colored the stock knob black. It matches.

Attachments

• 20221211_004250[1].jpg
    20221211_004250[1].jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 32
Yep. Same here. I told Mr. Scott that he needed to put a disclosure stating that the control knob doesn't line up properly. He did, in fact, add that to the website, but my money had already been spent. IF I had known ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
He will send you a return label for a refund if you would like to return them.
I took some model primer and flat black enamel paint and colored the stock knob black. It matches.
Yup, he offered me a return this morning. I will send them back in hopes that the issue can be rectified in the future. It's too bad, my OCD won't allow me to deface one of my knobs! LOL ... If necessary, I'll get a set of OEM knobs and paint them all.

I saw a few pictures of 955's with black knobs and it does look nice. On the lookout for a knob set that will work with this radio. I think Scott is getting the KPO-5k knobs, which are close (minus one knob apparently)

I saw a few pictures of 955's with black knobs and it does look nice. On the lookout for a knob set that will work with this radio. I think Scott is getting the KPO-5k knobs, which are close (minus one knob apparently)

The knobs that Scott's has look good, but the mode knob is not clocked properly.

i looked on his site, cant find them. i want to buy alot of black knobs for a 148gtl, 29gtl and ltd and a pc244. why are black knobs so damn hard to find? even the regular chrome ones have limited sources. they are just knobs, you would think they would be everywhere for purchase

Last edited:
i looked on his site, cant find them. i want to buy alot of black knobs for a 148gtl, 29gtl and ltd and a pc244. why are black knobs so damn hard to find? even the regular chrome ones have limited sources. they are just knobs, you would think they would be everywhere for purchase
I looked on his website and don't see them anymore. Try emailing him and asking about them.

What makes you think they would be common and available for purchase every where? How many radio's do you think Stryker sells? How many people do you think need or want replacement knobs for cosmetic reasons for a Stryker 955 on the Earth?

If your logic holds true we should be able to find knobs for far more common consumer goods every where! Last I checked no knob stores popping up. A lot of Pot Dispensaries and Cigarettes'/Tabaco stores but not a lot of knob stores! LOL

Some of you guys crack me up! I bet no one with an Icom or Kenwood radio are shopping around for knob kits or chrome cover's! None of them would ever think it is reasonable to expect those things to be common and widely available!

890f4186cfb3b40ff0d20f6ac53fadbb--bill-engvall-file.jpg

What makes you think they would be common and available for purchase every where? How many radio's do you think Stryker sells? How many people do you think need or want replacement knobs for cosmetic reasons for a Stryker 955 on the Earth?

If your logic holds true we should be able to find knobs for far more common consumer goods every where! Last I checked no knob stores popping up. A lot of Pot Dispensaries and Cigarettes'/Tabaco stores but not a lot of knob stores! LOL

Some of you guys crack me up! I bet no one with an Icom or Kenwood radio are shopping around for knob kits or chrome cover's! None of them would ever think it is reasonable to expect those things to be common and widely available!

890f4186cfb3b40ff0d20f6ac53fadbb--bill-engvall-file.jpg
Untapped market? Nitro Knob kit for IC-7300? Most use it as a CB anyway...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.