• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Blew my 503

Ok, embarrassing here, but I blew my KL503. I had it on level 1 but forgot it was on, so when I cranked the RF power of my radio it went bzzzzzt and you know the rest.

Is this worth opening up? When I power it up, the power light comes on and flickers a bit 0 just no other activity.

Reactions: Lino Bob

Ok, embarrassing here, but I blew my KL503. I had it on level 1 but forgot it was on, so when I cranked the RF power of my radio it went bzzzzzt and you know the rest.

Is this worth opening up? When I power it up, the power light comes on and flickers a bit 0 just no other activity.

If you end up getting a second KL503 just remember it's a low drive amp, set the RF power on the radio low and don't mess with it. You can adjust the output from the variable on the amp. There should be no reason when running any RM amplifier to "crank the RF power on the radio" as you put it.

Reactions: TheRATT
If you end up getting a second KL503 just remember it's a low drive amp, set the RF power on the radio low and don't mess with it. You can adjust the output from the variable on the amp. There should be no reason when running any RM amplifier to "crank the RF power on the radio" as you put it.

I cranked the power on the receiver, I forgot the amp was on. I'm not that big of an idiot, just a forgetful oaf.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.