• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Blitzortung.org real time lightning detection.

If you are an android user; then you can get a program called PYKL3 - also known as P3 - for about $12. It includes lightning strike data. This software is very useful, as this program contains a lot of other, more pertinent storm data if you are a SKYWARN member and need to keep a minute by minute eye on the action.

For the PC, GRlevel3 is the go-to software. However, it doesn't do lightning data IIRC.

There is a somewhat steep learning curve to either program, but the return/benefits are really worth the effort - IMO. Used GRlevel3 on a laptop when storm chasing the Great Plains with xlnt results. But using a cell phone with P3 is considerably more compact and feature filled.

Last edited:
Reactions: KD2GOE
I use lightningmaps.org all the time; same as the blitzortung site state side.

It does not discern between cloud to cloud strikes vs cloud to ground/ ground to cloud strikes though. The later being more important to radio operators :whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned