• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Blown Up Anytone AT-6666

As an aside to the above.. I typed this in and then removed it but upon reconsideration, why the hell not. It will make the the CB guys cringe a little.

I am working on a Christmas tree project and I needed some MOSFETs to switch some moderate loads. Normally I would buy a tube of IRF520s from Digi-Key and use those.
They have been my go-to N-Channel MOSFET long before they were used in CB radios.

But the ERF2030s on Amazon were cheaper :)
Guess what's switching my Christmas light displays this year? :)

Hey, they work. :)

ok thanks, I'm beginning to think I should have bought something else.
by the way I like your avatar, is that yours or just a wish and what cal.
its my own rifle its a stevens 300 in 22-250 .had lots done to it.
Thank you its a tight group coyote getter

As an aside to the above.. I typed this in and then removed it but upon reconsideration, why the hell not. It will make the the CB guys cringe a little.

I am working on a Christmas tree project and I needed some MOSFETs to switch some moderate loads. Normally I would buy a tube of IRF520s from Digi-Key and use those.
They have been my go-to N-Channel MOSFET long before they were used in CB radios.

But the ERF2030s on Amazon were cheaper :)
Guess what's switching my Christmas light displays this year? :)

Hey, they work. :)

Whatever you do, do NOT overmodulate that tree!

Well they are cheap quality radios.
Bone head remarks. They are better made than your galaxy or ranger radios. I’ve not had a problem with mine but it’s a later version. The first versions had transistor issues. If you look inside they are surface mount parts & it’s put together nice . Looks more like a commercial type rig than a DX radio. I set the power for 2 1/2 watt carrier with variable knob fully counter clockwise & modulates to 35. SSB peaks to 80 watts pep. I could go more but why? Use a amplifier for more. Reason most of these radios take a shit is because most try to get every damn watt possible when it’s not needed. One S unit you need to double what it’s doing now , maybe a little more. Just because a transistor is rated for 20 watts does not mean try to get that or more. This isn’t just to you it’s to everyone. Read up on the transistors you are gonna be using. You can learn a lot from reading info on them. Every radio made is cheaply made in one area or another to cut cost. It’s the overseas way.

Last edited:
Ok, here is a fun one!

I've had an AT-6666 since March and have used it at home and in my mobile. It has worked flawlessly with stock mic, power mic, 5/8-wave Sirio in the mobile and my dipole at home at all power rates.

Last Friday when driving home from work, when I keyed up it showed SWR at 17:1 (it was 1:1 in the mobile) and then it died.

I was wondering what caused it? It wasn't hot out, the Mic was turned up half way. I'm having it replaced for free but don't want to make the same mistake again -- unless this is just how they work... the just randomly blow up at some point.

Suggestions?
Buy you a adapter on Amazon that your pl259 screws on & you push it on the so-239 on your radio so you aren’t stewing on & off the antenna all the time. Just push on pull off. It’s a W5SWL push on pl-259 adapter. I love using them on my connectors on my amplifier. Some tight spots are hell to unscrew pl-259s.

Last edited:
Or use a bulkhead or drill a hole, though still not the most optimal choice for an antenna. But I’ve had that very thing happen with my own antenna and a lesson was learned.
Maybe is has one of those "funky" two-piece PL-259 connectors that can be disassembled to make it easier to pass the coax through the firewall. Could be a disconnection there. Ask me how I know. Lol...lol.

Bone head remarks. They are better made than your galaxy or ranger radios. I’ve not had a problem with mine but it’s a later version. The first versions had transistor issues. If you look inside they are surface mount parts & it’s put together nice . Looks more like a commercial type rig than a DX radio. I set the power for 2 1/2 watt carrier with variable knob fully counter clockwise & modulates to 35. SSB peaks to 80 watts pep. I could go more but why? Use a amplifier for more. Reason most of these radios take a shit is because most try to get every damn watt possible when it’s not needed. One S unit you need to double what it’s doing now , maybe a little more. Just because a transistor is rated for 20 watts does not mean try to get that or more. This isn’t just to you it’s to everyone. Read up on the transistors you are gonna be using. You can learn a lot from reading info on them. Every radio made is cheaply made in one area or another to cut cost. It’s the overseas way.
Wow... Okay.. stand by what I said cheap quality radios

Reactions: Rwb
Wow... Okay.. stand by what I said cheap quality radios
yep most of this chicom crap is substandard disposable junk. from the land of ALMOST RIGHT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated