• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Blown Up Anytone AT-6666

BS.
I have been using them in production systems for OVER A DECADE.
They are cheap, reliable, and easy to get.

Friends do not let friends buy Chinese custom branded semiconductors.

Reactions: TheRATT
BS.
I have been using them in production systems for OVER A DECADE.
They are cheap, reliable, and easy to get.

Friends do not let friends buy Chinese custom branded semiconductors.
Perhaps you can identify an identical replacement component from a supplier that offers beta matching. My Chinese custom branded semiconductors haven't self-destructed yet over the past year.

Perhaps you can identify an identical replacement component from a supplier that offers beta matching. My Chinese custom branded semiconductors haven't self-destructed yet over the past year.

Anybody with a curve tracer that knows how to use it.
Matching MOSFETs is a somewhat trivial exercise.

I just pulled 20 FQP13N10s out of my stock and all their Vgs values were within hundredths of a volt and that was just a quick test. Most were the same.
In audiophool circles those would be considered "matched"

Being mismatched isn't what caused the OPs radio to detonate. Something else happened.

Well elsewhere around here somewhere is a discussion about the ERF2030+ and in my unprofessional and total noob opinion, they’re junk. Now the older 2030 wasn’t too bad but I’ll take an IRF520 any day of the week over those 2030’s and the 13n10 as well.

I won’t touch the beta matching cause I honestly don’t know enough about it to say anything except my Peak Atlas tester doesn’t show any gain on mosfets. And that’s my knowledge on that subject so I’ll just shut up about beta matching.

That's funny.
I left a galaxy radio keyed by accident in a jig for over an hour with no load.
It has a pair of.... IRF520s.
Amazing little devices. Not detonation. Hotter than the blazes of hell itself but still going.

And no, "voltage drop" won't cause them to combust either.
You are so well informed, take a look at the bias circuit and tell me why the voltage dipping won't bother it.

The IRF520's will instantly detonate if you key up into an open circuit, unlike the ERF2030+'s.

I won’t argue that. The 2030+ won’t put enough power out to blow themselves up, let alone anything else. I absolutely hate them. PM me your address, I have a bin full of them here that I’ll send you for free. Cause I won’t ever put them in anything except the trash can. And nobody is trying to DX on a Hefty Sack, yet.

Once you figure out the proper gate voltage I think you'd learn to love them but I guess you haven't figured it out yet. I'll give you a hint: it isn't what the manufacturer recommends.

Well dude, no sh_t. That's what the biggest problem is with them and I don't have time to sit and play "name that bias", so I'd rather toss them in the trash and work with something that's proven itself to me in the past. I don't see the companies building these radios putting them 2030+'s in radios...wonder why?

If you want them, I've got 25 of them here and you're welcome to the pieces of crap. Just PM me your address and I'll drop them in the mailbox, otherwise, I hope the Hefty guy can use them to keydown on the landfill people...

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.