• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bob's CB Radio Shop

Snake Eyes said:
Lotsa choices to buy radios from... too many in fact!

There are several factors that I consider before buying a new radio.

Selection, Customer Service, Price, Reputation and does the Seller service/repair what they sell.

Just my 2 cents.

AA1Qd the ss8541 electronics i am talking about is in North Carolina. I sent 2 connex radios to be tuned and they came back with instructions on what they did to them.. I am very happy... I have always had great luck with Richard..

Bobby

undertaker said:
AA1Qd the ss8541 electronics i am talking about is in North Carolina. I sent 2 connex radios to be tuned and they came back with instructions on what they did to them.. I am very happy... I have always had great luck with Richard..

Bobby

now thats class :)

believe it or not!
I take pics of the progress or mini movies, along with notes showing the equipment and packing pics....IF needed...
its called coverThyA$$....lol

oh ya forgot to ad , if i was a tech..:p

DTB Radio said:
While I do not like the Top Gun Modulator (which Bob is supposed to have come up with), he does have a good reputation in the business. I was talking to a Magnum rep a few days ago about a DOA S9-80 that I had, and the topic of Bob now running a 1-man operation came up. If you do see slow turn-around, that's is lkely the reason why at this point.

I had heard the same thing ( the one man shop) but, as you said DTB ; Bob is a very well qualified tech & reputable person to do business with . I see so very few qualified techs nowadays & if I ran a shop ; I would rather have excellent work than just massive sales . The old quality vs. quantity anyday !!

Chainsawgang said:
DTB Radio said:
While I do not like the Top Gun Modulator (which Bob is supposed to have come up with), he does have a good reputation in the business. I was talking to a Magnum rep a few days ago about a DOA S9-80 that I had, and the topic of Bob now running a 1-man operation came up. If you do see slow turn-around, that's is lkely the reason why at this point.

I had heard the same thing ( the one man shop) but, as you said DTB ; Bob is a very well qualified tech & reputable person to do business with . I see so very few qualified techs nowadays & if I ran a shop ; I would rather have excellent work than just massive sales . The old quality vs. quantity anyday !!

Guess I haven't stopped in Bob's for a while. Last time I was there, he had another guy working for him, Dave, I think it was. Nice facility, a former either Mobil or Exxon full service gas station, installation bay large enough for big rigs, lots of parking. Also does XM, Sirius, and cellular service.

Chainsawgang said:
Bob is a very well qualified tech & reputable person to do business with . I see so very few qualified techs nowadays & if I ran a shop ; I would rather have excellent work than just massive sales . The old quality vs. quantity anyday !!

I agree ! There is no substitute for quality workmanship.

Butcher318 said:
You have been told numerous times Bob's is a good place to buy. Time to get the stick out and beat the horse.

WELL SAID SIR !!
I would have NO problem buying from Bob's, DTB, or Sparky's ALL very knowledgeable & capable .

Unit 194 said:
One of my locals claims that Bob's CB Radio Shop at: www.bobscb.com is one of THE BEST CB shops around.

Does anyone else agree ???

I agree 100%!

He is one of the best out there these days, as far as I'm concerned. He is also the Magnum rep for the northeast region as well, & developed the Top Gun modulator, & too many other things to mention here, just to give you an idea. Quite a few of the good older (& newer) radios have had some of his ideas put into them as well. 8)

Here are a few of his links:

www.cbworldinformer.com
www.bobscb.com
www.topguntech.com (no longer active)

Let me point it out, that I'm not saying he's the only good tech around though.

Bob's CB

Bob's CB was suggested to me when I posted that I bought an AR-3500 and was looking for someone to service it to optimum performance. I contacted him via email and his response was quick. He communicated his turnaround time is close to 60 days. I appreciated his candor. If you're the owner of an AR-3300 or AR-3500 he may be the most qualified on those models because of his afiliation and I believe Clear Channel forwarded all the parts for those rigs to his possession when they closed and since the inventory for those AR's are already there, he doesn't need to wait on shipping.
Best is subjective....
....at best :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.