• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BOB'S

Frisch's Restaurants, Inc.
Chain

Frisch's Big Boy is a regional Big Boy restaurant chain with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. For many years a Big Boy franchisee, in 2001, Frisch's became the exclusive owner of the Big Boy trademark in Indiana, Kentucky, and most of Ohio and Tennessee, and is no longer affiliated with Big Boy Restaurant Group. In July 2019, there were 118 restaurants in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. This includes 20 Big Boy stores in Cincinnati, 6 in Dayton, Ohio, and 6 in Louisville, Kentucky. Frisch's is the oldest, longest surviving regional Big Boy operator, excluding Bob's Big Boy in California, which was the original Big Boy restaurant and franchisor.

Frisch's Restaurants, Inc.
Chain

Frisch's Big Boy is a regional Big Boy restaurant chain with headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio. For many years a Big Boy franchisee, in 2001, Frisch's became the exclusive owner of the Big Boy trademark in Indiana, Kentucky, and most of Ohio and Tennessee, and is no longer affiliated with Big Boy Restaurant Group. In July 2019, there were 118 restaurants in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio. This includes 20 Big Boy stores in Cincinnati, 6 in Dayton, Ohio, and 6 in Louisville, Kentucky. Frisch's is the oldest, longest surviving regional Big Boy operator, excluding Bob's Big Boy in California, which was the original Big Boy restaurant and franchisor.

Memory being what it is, I’d like to stop at one. Big truck parking is the usual penalty.

Memory being what it is, I’d like to stop at one. Big truck parking is the usual penalty.

thats my problem,those great old burger shops ended big truck parking,hey we eat food too n spend money,last i knew customers and money keeps the store doors open

I remember our big boy's in the 70s were drive ins. With girls on roller skates bringing the steak sammitchs out. I also remember my older brother, RIP, telling me him and some friends pulled off the big boy heist one night and placed it on the roof of the local Kroger grocery store front and center for everyone to see going in the front doors.
Good memories

Ours were an upscale Denny’s. As a kid (road trips) I wondered who the hell they were to rip off the Kips design format.

Last one in Dallas torn down in 2005.

Back to the Strattanville, PA Bobs of CB Radio fame:

As with WALCOTT CB, wear your hush puppies. Make a quick reconnoiter that the last of something you wanted doesn’t escape in someone else’s bag.

Then stealth your way down every aisle. Cross-section the displays both vertically & horizontally. Check the crowded hanging items for the outlier misplaced.

Retreat to your vehicle every so often for a smoke break. Consult your Boone & Crockett.

Patience rewards the hunter.

Last edited:
That's a big street, 4 lanes with turning lanes also. Executive Blvd leads into the backside of their big lot. There is a big parking lot to rear for another mall. Look on your street view map, plenty of access for your big rigs. That's a Huge shopping and Industrial area, no height bars off of Executive Blvd(y)
The exit off I/70 is Marked... 202/ Huber Heights...That's about 10 miles from the Contest Station. I get off there to get to US40 to Tipp City, Oh.

8154 Old Troy Pike
Dayton, OH 45424

PS: When in season...BEST DAMN Strawberry Pie, don't miss that!!!

Hoods truckstop I-44 exit 612018-07-10.jpg bois D'arc mo cb shop open wednesday to saturday 12 pm to 6 to 8 pm

That's a big street, 4 lanes with turning lanes also. Executive Blvd leads into the backside of their big lot. There is a big parking lot to rear for another mall. Look on your street view map, plenty of access for your big rigs. That's a Huge shopping and Industrial area, no height bars off of Executive Blvd(y)
The exit off I/70 is Marked... 202/ Huber Heights...That's about 10 miles from the Contest Station. I get off there to get to US40 to Tipp City, Oh.

8154 Old Troy Pike
Dayton, OH 45424

PS: When in season...BEST DAMN Strawberry Pie, don't miss that!!!

Oh, irony is I know exactly where it is as I’ve pulled loads from barely a block past it. I’ve sat on Executive Drive waiting for the light and wondered. Thx for second recommendation!

When one is bobtail, a few doors open. When not, the abuse by foreigners is outrageous. Sort of,”live and let live”, turns into prohibition.

And, many parking lots simply not up to the weight. (Tight turns under power).

Then there’s municipal regulations.

That area sees an enormous volume of truck traffic across IH70. Nationally significant. Parking in short abundance in/around Dayton. I’d normally overnight at West Jefferson, for example, as the fight to get into the Pilot isn’t worth it to me. The Loves, no better. I avoid even buying fuel at either as both are time-killers around the clock.

Indianapolis to Columbus is pretty much the epicenter of this country’s trucking.

Other places appear busier (Chicago & West Memphis), but much of that is China-trash bound for cancerous dollar stores (any of the Home Depot, WalMart stuff).

What America makes, is that to which I refer. Take that stretch of IH70 and aim arrows at all points of the compass.

That I see no trucks parked (bobtail) says more than one might imagine when one incorporates the truck traffic flow info.

Huber Heights doesn’t look the other way re big trucks.

I’ll look at it again when that’s again en route.

Last edited:
Got another for Ya'al... I/70 exit 115 Indiana 109...Speedway Truck Stop.
The GAS GRILL...Good food...Portions hefty...reasonable pricing.
A Greek Family business ...Dimitrie, Kelly, George... they do a nice job.
BIG Truck parking lot directly behind the Burger King(next door)...across the road from LUV's Truck Stop

XYL and I live about 11 miles SE...We go there often!(y)

Got another for Ya'al... I/70 exit 115 Indiana 109...Speedway Truck Stop.
The GAS GRILL...Good food...Portions hefty...reasonable pricing.
A Greek Family business ...Dimitrie, Kelly, George... they do a nice job.
BIG Truck parking lot directly behind the Burger King(next door)...across the road from LUV's Truck Stop

XYL and I live about 11 miles SE...We go there often!(y)

Thanks!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.