• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bomade

well never had one .only ever seen them on ebay .if you can verify its working good then why not .if the builder is local to you that helps.if its unknown to you then i,d say try to test it ,if its coming from a friend and you know it works then take the chance i guess

how big a box we talking for 1100?16pill?steel tube box?
i didnt think we were talking that kinda money .depending on what your buying you might be better off with new .

the only bomades i ever seen were like simple 4pills on ebay.

dude ...for like 200.00 more you can have brand new ,and have your choice of any builder you want .personally if i was in position to buy something like that and 200 more would get me a new one .thats what i would do .
get new be done with it .then you know what you got ,where it came from ,who made it ,ect,ect........i never even seen a bo made 16 pill.
i,d have to see the construction befor i could say yeah i,d buy that .but if only 200 was keeping me from brand new i,d save up the extra 2 bills.

good luck man .

dude ...for like 200.00 more you can have brand new ,and have your choice of any builder you want .personally if i was in position to buy something like that and 200 more would get me a new one .thats what i would do .
get new be done with it .then you know what you got ,where it came from ,who made it ,ect,ect........i never even seen a bo made 16 pill.
i,d have to see the construction befor i could say yeah i,d buy that .but if only 200 was keeping me from brand new i,d save up the extra 2 bills.

good luck man .

Yea I think I will do that.Thanks man.

well when i said 200 more gets you new i was going by say davemade/xforce type pricing .
in all my years in radio(since the 80`s)and all my years on the web(since aol hit)i have never known anyone to run a bo made .
i,m sorry if he is a local or anything but you just dont see anyone running these boxes .

that in itself tells me to go elsewhere.:whistle:

I will say this. On any type of epuipment, especially amplifiers, you get what you pay for. I would rather have piece of mind running something that is tried and true.

I have not a seen a bomade in a while but from what I remember they have been a round a while. I also remember that those guys had amps from small to massive (not just a price list saying they built them)
I remember seeing them a lot at the keydowns in the 90's. Worked on a few in the late 90's early 2000 but it has been a while since I have seen one.
The way I see it is this. There is a lot of people out there that are building davemade knocks offs and variations of davemades. The reason is because the davemade design flat out works. Problem is that copy cat assemblers think they are improving on that design and make changes to meet a market demand. The dave style amps are finicky and will not work for squat if not built very close to the original design. If they would leave well enough alone they would be ok. I would build you a real nice amplifier but nobody wants to pay what I charge to build one. apparently a couple hundred bucks difference is enough to sway a lot of minds.

Bomade amps

I have been using these amps for years, I know the builder personally. The boxes are very good. They are built here in Fayetteville, NC. I have run every thing from a 2pill up to a 8 pill box from him. Never had any problem form them. I have run them on a blazer on up to a dump truck and also in the house on a 24 volt power supply.

BOMADE Mobile 2 x 3CX15,000A7
Class C
Normal Bird Dead Key: 65,000 Watts
Max Bird Dead Key: 80,000 Watts Suspect it might cause a little TVI???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.