• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Booty Monster's Vector 40000 thread on Eham

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
IMO, this is a very good thread that might be informative to those interested in the Sigma4 and the New Vector 4000. It has over 18,000 views since posted in June of 2011. I had not seen it until recently, so I figured others might like to read it.

Booty has already posted this link, but I think it is buryed in his thread on his Vector rebuild. I hope it works for you. You may have to be registered over there to see this link, but it is easy to register.

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,75921.0.html

Booty I rad the thread on E-ham, you have a big set of brass @ALLS.**Jump_im**

I am glad to see that some hams did commend you on building your own, and others as expected, had shitty remarks but that comes with the territory.

looking at my own antennas, and what Marconi has tested I do agree on some of the posts in E-ham.

1/4 wl gp, 1/2wl gp, 5/8 wl gp, all perform about the same if the current maxima is at the same height.

Notice I said the current maxima is at the same height, not the feed point at the same height.

Reactions: 2 people

Hey Booty, I rectum you'll just have to forgive this old mans' lack of recalling your original posting. I also didn't realize the thread was as old as it is, maybe that is why I didn't remember.

Somewhere I recall asking you, "...did the thread on Eham bring anything to light for you...even though your experience didn't agree?"

Now I know your answer.

no problem OGP :) i rectum i've done far far worse an see no need for forgiveness or apologies since it generates conversation and debate
....... and that's really why we all come to these forums anyway . :wub:^^ ab v c^^:cool:

some of those pork butts seem to secretly like S&M :whistle:
they sure enjoy squealing when poked with a little stick :LOL:

but it is very nice to see the recent conversation has some folks that understands and shares the how and why about these type antennas and can talk the deep mumbo jumbo that the porkers like . (y)
they add much more to the conversation than i ever could (y)

no problem OGP :) i rectum i've done far far worse an see no need for forgiveness or apologies since it generates conversation and debate
....... and that's really why we all come to these forums anyway . :wub:^^ ab v c^^:cool:

but it is very nice to see the recent conversation has some folks that understands and shares the how and why about these type antennas and can talk the deep mumbo jumbo that the porkers like . (y)

Well BM, contrary to what you say and regardless of what I believe, IMO you made reasonable and effective arguments for your opinions over there.

Good job on the antenna Booty. I always hate it when some nerdy ham is rude to CB'ers even though many of them started on CB. They get their license and then pretend their CB days never happened. I started on CB when I was 12 years old back in 1975, and I had a blast. I got my ham license in 1986, and I still talk on CB radio more than I talk on the ham bands.

Night Ranger

It's a HAM forum. They enjoy talking about CB radios and amps.

:pop::pop::pop::pop:

That ain't right!! It ain't wrong either

QRZ.COM booty, hope those brass balls are made of stainless steel, carbonite, super krypto magnesium, nitro glycerin, anti corrosive, plastic compound.

Hey guys, BM's thread on eHam may be among a very few with over 19,000 views as of today. What does that say about CB on eHam?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.