• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bought two Magnum s45HP new and one has issues

S45HP

Sorry for the disappointments, mine came thru w/no problems. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't hesitate to send them back & get it made right!

& I'm betting there'll be no warranty issues.

Geoff S.

The adjustment instructions for the older style deltaforce/omegaforce are on cb tricks showing RV119 as the TX meter adjustment.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rflimited/delforce/graphics/deltaforce_omegaforce_alignment.pdf

You could try adjusting that so that it doesn't peg the end of the meter and that may solve the sticking issue. Obviously you won't be able to set it to give an exact wattage output but on that meter with that radio it really isn't doing that anyway.

Possibly someone here with more recent experience messing inside a S45HP can confirm that location will adjust the analog meter. I haven't had one in my hands for over a year and I think the last time I adjusted a meter on one of those was a Deltaforce a while back.

I did not buy them tuned or aligned. Why would I need a brand new radio aligned? Not being a smart a__ either just wondering. And I have no idea why my meter showed consistent recorded readings like I mentioned.
:bdh:

I have said this before and I will say it again. You will only sound as good as the tech is that tuned your radio. Radio's that run down an assembly line are "ballparked" in as far as tune and alignment. Export radio's out of the box are 10 METER HAM RADIO'S. To run on 11m it will need a correct alignment.

This is why good techs are so backed up with work. When you price shop for a new radio you are never money ahead when you buy from Copper or H & Y. You will then have to pay a quality tech to do a proper tune and alignment.

Get it now?
:bdh:

The bigger problem you will have if you replace the meter is re-adjusting it for RX/TX. You said yourself that you don't have the gear. Warranty from Magnum is xlnt; think I would strongly consider that route. Ask them to give it a full alignment as you saw discrepancies that need to be dealt with. Won't cost you a dime - either.

A shop like Bob's cb would have done the alignment, conversion, and tune when they sold the radio. Any issue would have been caught and either repaired, or they would have set the radio aside and grabbed another one. Bob's is very very good with Magnum radio's. They helped develop the Top gun Modulator in the first place.

At this point if you think you have a problem I would send it to the Radio Shop in Ontario,CA. They are the Magnum repair center.

Reactions: 1 person
I called Magnum today. They sad the repair shop will be in Tenn. I assume I will have to pay for shipping to the repair shop? If so, then it will be around $15-$18 to ship. That will sure suck on a brand new out of the box radio that I just received yesterday

I called Magnum today. They sad the repair shop will be in Tenn. I assume I will have to pay for shipping to the repair shop? If so, then it will be around $15-$18 to ship. That will sure suck on a brand new out of the box radio that I just received yesterday

Did you get an R.O. #?
IIRC; all you have to do is re-box the radio, put it back in the shipping carton, and they will have UPS pick it up. They pay postage both ways IIRC.

Did you get an R.O. #?
IIRC; all you have to do is re-box the radio, put it back in the shipping carton, and they will have UPS pick it up. They pay postage both ways IIRC.

Ok good! He said I had a year so if I wanted to run it for a couple weeks since I just got it, and then to call him back and get an RA number and it would go to Tenn. he just didn't say anything about shipping so I assumed I would have to pay. Will the repair tech re align the radio while he's in there?

Ok good! He said I had a year so if I wanted to run it for a couple weeks since I just got it, and then to call him back and get an RA number and it would go to Tenn. he just didn't say anything about shipping so I assumed I would have to pay. Will the repair tech re align the radio while he's in there?
Just ask him to do it because you thought it was off. He will check it and set it right. No problemmo.

They don't automatically do that as a general rule. If you grease the wheels on the phone, they've been known to do it.

Because since I told him that there was a difference in pep between the two radios, he did say they would tune it up

And not to change subjects, but I'm about to post another topic regarding on an AR-3500 I need help with if anyone is interested reading. All you guys have been a big help. Best forum and people on the net!!! You guys ROCK!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.