• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bought two Magnum s45HP new and one has issues

Good luck and next time do your homework and buy from vendor that will align the radio before shipping.

Just like our cars need to have a wheel alignment performed when new cause the factory can not be trusted. Some factory tolerances are to broad.

Hacksaw just send it to mountainview electronics in Tenn. That is where i had to send mine for repair they have a fast turnaround. And do a good job mine was screwed up right out of the box .I got a RA from Sam Lewis and it is all good....

Hacksaw just send it to mountainview electronics in Tenn. That is where i had to send mine for repair they have a fast turnaround. And do a good job mine was screwed up right out of the box .I got a RA from Sam Lewis and it is all good....

Did you pay anything for shipping?

Well, I installed my friends s45HP in his truck tonight on a K40 mag. Mine is on the base with the Sirio and I talked to him all the way to his house which is roughly 20 miles and rolling hills. Man these radios really have audio! This was all on AM because its his very first radio and I didn't have time to show him how to use ssb. I'll be sending mine off to Tenn this week sometime for a meter swap, factory alignment and tune. Like I said before, I did the solder jump and reset mod for 11 meters and that's it! Hopefully it will come back like its supposed to???

Sent my s45hp off today. Hope they don't reject it since it has only been modded for 11 meter and nothing else!!!
Also, my friends s45HP, bought new at same time, has developed a glitch on ssb! It TX great on ssb, but has no RX on ssb. You have to turn the radio off and back on to get ssb RX. As soon as you TX on ssb, the RX goes away until you cycle the power. WTH?!?!?!?

Sent my s45hp off today. Hope they don't reject it since it has only been modded for 11 meter and nothing else!!!
Also, my friends s45HP, bought new at same time, has developed a glitch on ssb! It TX great on ssb, but has no RX on ssb. You have to turn the radio off and back on to get ssb RX. As soon as you TX on ssb, the RX goes away until you cycle the power. WTH?!?!?!?

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

I like the power of the HP versions but just seems like ever since they went to the RFX 75 on the back the SSB models are just so much more finicky.

If given a choice between an original yellow face 257 and a new blue HP one I think I might choose the old version.

The nice thing is that Sam is right on top of the customer service aspect, I think he gives quicker responses and better service than any of the other export companies.

I like the power of the HP versions but just seems like ever since they went to the RFX 75 on the back the SSB models are just so much more finicky.

If given a choice between an original yellow face 257 and a new blue HP one I think I might choose the old version.

The nice thing is that Sam is right on top of the customer service aspect, I think he gives quicker responses and better service than any of the other export companies.

That's what I have heard. I just hope that the repair goes through and they don't reject it because of the 11 meters, even though that's what these radios were really designed to run on! I have a 257 blue face without the RFX-75. It does 40-50 watts on my Kenwood SW-2000 meter and it is a talker! Sounds real good! I think I might keep it instead of buying a 257 with the RFX-75.

Don't worry about the 11 meter mod. They know most owners are going to mod the radio.

Now, if you let a moron mod it for you and he/she messed something else up while modding it, then you shouldn't expect a free warranty repair.

Don't worry about the 11 meter mod. They know most owners are going to mod the radio.

Now, if you let a moron mod it for you and he/she messed something else up while modding it, then you shouldn't expect a free warranty repair.

No. I did the 11 meter mod. Desoldered con 1 and soldered con 3. It looks factory:)

Hacksaw sent mine off to Tenn for volume knob repair they done a
really good job with fast turn around rate now my echo is going crazy
and I'm not sending it back I just turn the echo off my radio performs
really well on am this thing is and audio monster but side band is a bit
warbled still trying to work the bugs out of it after 4 months of being used
good luck with yours my friend!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.