• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bowman 40 channel CB Radio

i had a couple of them centuries ago. solid build quality but not alot of them are around. i wonder who made them? probably a short lived company considering how little radios are around
I have no idea. Especially since this is the first one I've ever seen. Did your talk/receive ok?
Or, do you remember, hahaha?
Ya know, being that long ago.

Reactions: Rwb
I have no idea. Especially since this is the first one I've ever seen. Did your talk/receive ok?
Or, do you remember, hahaha?
Ya know, being that long ago.
yea, it was a solid radio. i would put it in the same category as the colt, lafayette, sears type radios. not a power house transmitter but the receiver is quiet and has a nice pleasing sound like most of the old time radios. not harsh, treble hissy like these modern ones. and of course the build quality was heavy and solid with quality components used throughout. again like the old timer rigs

Bowman's claim to fame was car stereo, such as it was in the 70s. Kinda like Arthur Fulmer. Adding a CB to their product line was just automotive-accessory marketing at work.

Anybody remember the "GM" General Motors brand mobile CB?

Hint, was made by EF Johnson.

yes i do and didnt pierce simpson make some cb radios for gm also right after the johnson relationship dissolve?seems like a friend bought a new chevy nova that had like a bengil with gm on the face factory installed in the console

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Bowman's claim to fame was car stereo, such as it was in the 70s. Kinda like Arthur Fulmer. Adding a CB to their product line was just automotive-accessory marketing at work.

Anybody remember the "GM" General Motors brand mobile CB?

Hint, was made by EF Johnson.

A lot of those electronics companies jumped in on the CB wagon, Kraco, Sparkomatic and a lot more

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.