• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Watchman76

Sep 19, 2005
NW N.C.
groups.yahoo.com
At approx. 2:15am EST this morning a weather terrorist group calling itself the "Martyrs of the Evil Wind" launched a massive attack on the radio/TV antennas of DX'er "Watchman" Unit 76 in NW N.C. Damage was extensive and repairs or replacement is likely to take months. The group claimed immediate responsibility and said many more DX'ers would fall to their cause before Spring! :( / :evil:

attack on dx'ers

Yeah we had a few casulties here as well , All my antennas and tower with stood the attack so i'm still on the air

I'll be moving soon to Snow Hill, MD which isn't very far from the MD Atlantic coast to live with my daughter and am putting a tower up on the property. I'm considering a crank-up, thinking that lowering it if coastal storms come up will help prevent damage. Any thoughts on this sort of thing??

Only problem I have heard about crank ups is the ammount of concrete required. WOW!!! that and if the catastrophic happens and the cable snaps! :shock:

I run dipoles in the trees here (evil HOA!) so no towers for teh_bunneh! but if I was gonna do the tower thing, I would look into a AB-577 tube mast or its bigger brother. (for the life of me, I dont remember the number) you can find them at hamfests pretty much all the time and the big one is like uhh... 600 bucks and is somewhat portable and somewhat permanent. I know folks here in my neck-o-southern Maryland who have them up on a respectable concrete pad and they can put them up and down by themselves. and 50 ft isnt too shabby either.

Just an Idea. Anyone else?

On edit: Here is a small e-ham link! AB-577 launcher on Eham

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.