• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

browning eagle toy

W

W1R3T4P

I bought a browning eagle key up toy on ebay but it
seams that it doesn't have a trigger :(

only 2 wires to switch for on/off

red +
black -
white - audio
orange and blue go to a button

any idea how I can rig this to go off when I keyup?

the it will trigger when the white wire triggers the relay. if it doesnt sence anything on the white it wont fire.

W1R3T4P said:
What goes where???

If I hook the orange and blue won't it be on constantly?

:D one of the wires is to ground ....and constint means everytime you key up , isn't that what you wanted ? what you could do is put a on/off toggle in line with the wire so you can shut it off if you get sick of it :D

I don't understand how this is triggered.
The audio wire is not going to turn it on when keyed.
It looks like this thing was made to be turned on with a
momentary button while you are keyed and that stinks!!!
Im not going to key up and push a button.

red wire to on/off control of the radio (12 volts )
black wire to ground pin of the mic jack
white wire to audio pin of mic jack

you have two wires going to the button (orange and blue) on the unit one of those wires will go to the ptt pin (transmit) of the mic jack (the other wire is just a ground wire that you won't need to use) so it's one of the two wires is all you will need , as long as you have neg and pos and audio wires correctly you can just try either orange or blue wires to the transmit pin of the radio on the mic jack ........once you figure out which of the two wires you will use (it will only be 1 of the 2 ) you are set to go dude !! your noise toy will then go off every time you key your mic . .........No offence here but I can't stand those types of noises everytime I key up !! ......because once you wire it that way , it will always go off when you DK the radio , So you think the button feature sucks ??? well , at least it gives you the option of not having to use the nerve racking thing 24/7 when your trying to have a conversation with somebody , they do get annoying after a while for the other guy. Don't mind me much dude , I just have never been a fan of the Tram sound or Rodger beeps for that matter !! anyway ...that's all there is to it dude !! it's just either the orange or blue wire that goes to the transmit (ptt) pin on the mic jack. Good luck to you sir.

Switch Kit said:
red wire to on/off control of the radio (12 volts )
black wire to ground pin of the mic jack
white wire to audio pin of mic jack

you have two wires going to the button (orange and blue) on the unit one of those wires will go to the ptt pin (transmit) of the mic jack (the other wire is just a ground wire that you won't need to use) so it's one of the two wires is all you will need , as long as you have neg and pos and audio wires correctly you can just try either orange or blue wires to the transmit pin of the radio on the mic jack ........once you figure out which of the two wires you will use (it will only be 1 of the 2 ) you are set to go dude !! your noise toy will then go off every time you key your mic . .........No offence here but I can't stand those types of noises everytime I key up !! ......because once you wire it that way , it will always go off when you DK the radio , So you think the button feature sucks ??? well , at least it gives you the option of not having to use the nerve racking thing 24/7 when your trying to have a conversation with somebody , they do get annoying after a while for the other guy. Don't mind me much dude , I just have never been a fan of the Tram sound or Rodger beeps for that matter !! anyway ...that's all there is to it dude !! it's just either the orange or blue wire that goes to the transmit (ptt) pin on the mic jack. Good luck to you sir.

ok that is what I figured but didn't feel like experimenting.
the toy will be turned off by switching the red wire.
I just didn't want to have to manually make it turn on thanks

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.